• Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
+10 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

Hi, I have a question for you guys ;) Is there any way to get your PSD files reviewed before creating and uploading WordPress theme? I would really love such help from reviewers because lately my designing process is focused on not what I like but on what the reviewer likes. Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind getting a rejection but when I see the “not enough unique design” message, then my blood boils :)

I was thinking about first uploading the theme as PSD Template but then I realized everyone would copy my ideas, before I was able to develop it. Is there any solution for this? It would be awesome if we could send our designs to the reviewers and get an answer if it’s ok or not.

1364 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Well just finish wp and psd and then first upload psd and then wp… :)

1090 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
ImanGM says

Haha… Nice solution ;)

3430 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

Or upload PSD and if accepted delete it immediately! :D

It would be awesome if we could send our designs to the reviewers and get an answer if it’s ok or not.

Impossible! Will you pay for the reviewer’s time?

1715 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Aren’t we already doing that? We did over $100,000 for Envato, it wouldn’t hurt getting 20 minutes in a month from the reviewer. It’s a benefit for both TF and the authors.

I got an idea, to offer this feature as a reward for elite authors or those who sold more than 100,000. In this case, they’re guaranteed that the quality is not really below the standards like for many new authors… And we don’t waste any time by re-coding design parts if the PSD gets rejected.

I think this would be an awesome feature offered for elite authors, because right now mostly only the analytics data makes a difference between us and an author that just submitted a template/theme.

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
+5 more
pezflash says

It would be awesome if we could send our designs to the reviewers and get an answer if it’s ok or not.

I’ve always thought that having a separate team for kind of pre-review, mostly in term of design, it would speed up the real (and important) review process. Envato has grown so much and having exactly the same reviewing system as it was 4 years ago is bit strange, imo.

Also, just saying, but this could increase the final quality, and maybe skip this huge number of files with so similar layout, structure and design.

1364 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Or upload PSD and if accepted delete it immediately! :D

Even better!!! :)

2177 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
+10 more

Aren’t we already doing that? We did over $100,000 for Envato, it wouldn’t hurt getting 20 minutes in a month from the reviewer. It’s a benefit for both TF and the authors.

I got an idea, to offer this feature as a reward for elite authors or those who sold more than 100,000. In this case, they’re guaranteed that the quality is not really below the standards like for many new authors… And we don’t waste any time by re-coding design parts if the PSD gets rejected.

I think this would be an awesome feature offered for elite authors, because right now mostly only the analytics data makes a difference between us and an author that just submitted a template/theme.

I was thinking the same thing :) That would be awesone we should push this to Envato stuff. I think this a win win for Envato and Elite Authors :)

466 posts (-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)
  • Elite Author
  • Mongolia
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
Themewaves says

Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind getting a rejection but when I see the “not enough unique design” message, then my blood boils :)

I think the ENVATO PSD requirement is so hard to approved. I have failed over 5 rejection then my first PSD is approved.

But hard rejection is really good. I have re saw my previous uploaded PSD now and it looks not so good!

I think you need to upload the Wordpress and Upload PSD then Include Wordpress theme to PSD and advertise 10$ PSD is included and 15$ Layerslider is included and much more etc. I think customers are really love to $$$ is included on our theme free :P

2177 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
+10 more

So maybe we can take some action and propose this idea to the Envato Elite Manager?

I can take care of this but I need to see who is interested. For me personally this a great idea because we won’t waste countless hours tweaking our themes when they get rejected for not enough uniqueness or other design flows. It is much easier to fix such mistakes in a PSD or even start from the bottom. Some of us spend month developing our themes just to hear that the theme has great features but the overall design is rubbish.

For Elite Authors that would be a great, just to make sure that we can spend time on our design without worrying that it will hit a wall at the end.

Community let me know what you think!

by
by
by
by
by
by