• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

Technically your design gets reviewed when you upload the completed theme.. if it gets rejected then you know you need to work on the design. Not sure how sending screenshots for review would work, because even if it was accepted a poorly implemented front end would get rejected. Best idea is to either upload to PSD category or just build a theme assuming the design will be good enough.

Also keep in mind how many authors will upload a design for review, and then take months to build it, or even decide not to build it.. so basically it would waste the reviewers time. And if the design gets rejected, they’ll keep making changes and asking “will this be accepted?” so it would be unprofessional, the site should be for authors who are confident their work will be accepted as a completed project. So just think positive and don’t question your own work, just upload it when you’re happy with it :)

2179 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
+10 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

Technically your design gets reviewed when you upload the completed theme.. if it gets rejected then you know you need to work on the design. Not sure how sending screenshots for review would work, because even if it was accepted a poorly implemented front end would get rejected. Best idea is to either upload to PSD category or just build a theme assuming the design will be good enough.

Yeah this is of course one scenario but then the Author has no one to blame but himself. In my case the design is resembled almost 1:1. Its always good to have some insight info. If I know that my design is rubbish from the beginning then it is much easier to fix it at that point. Fixing design issues at the end is the worst thing for any developer… If the developer screws up the job then it is his fault…

Also keep in mind how many authors will upload a design for review, and then take months to build it, or even decide not to build it.. so basically it would waste the reviewers time. And if the design gets rejected, they’ll keep making changes and asking “will this be accepted?” so it would be unprofessional, the site should be for authors who are confident their work will be accepted as a completed project. So just think positive and hope for the best :)

This would be only for Elite Authors, and as I see my server stats usually a reviewer spend less then a minute looking at the project when they don’t like it. As far as I know the job of a reviewer is to review :) If the review process was fair then we wouldn’t need such “features”. The problem is that “design” is a subjective issue, one reviewer will accept the project the other wont. As for the confidence I am always confident about my work but then comes time for a review and everything falls apart :P

I guess something like that is to good to be true :)

P.S So I guess the only solution is to send a PSD template and then remove it if it gets accepted. Simple enough…

1731 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+3 more
FinalDestiny says

As the one that proposed this, I’m definitely in! :)

4526 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

This would be only for Elite Authors,

Well Elite authors become Elite through alot of trial and error learning what would or what would not get accepted so by that time they should know whether or not their theme meets the quality level.. if not perhaps some tweaks but most likely all their themes should get approved once Elite.. Like you said, design is subjective, so why do you need the reviewers opinion on the design prior to upload.. just upload the completed project and see what happens.

Why not send the design to other authors and get their opinion. Uploading and deleting PSD’s will just waste your time, the reviewers and other authors waiting for stuff to get approved ;)

1731 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
+3 more
FinalDestiny says

So you’re ok with spending a month or more converting a PSD to WP only to see a generic rejection message that it’s not unique enough? Instead of getting that message right from the start of the coding process?

This is a business, advices like “Just do the work and hope for the best form the reviewers” are not okay for an author that does this full-time and could avoid losing time by getting some minutes of the reviewer’s time. We earned this right and it’s in the great benefit of both us and Envato.

490 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
wopethemes says

Impossible! Will you pay for the reviewer’s time?

Yes. I could pay $100-$200 for 30 minutes/1 hours of reviewers time instead of spend 2 weeks – 1 month for develop and get a general message. :D

2179 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
+10 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

Yes. I could pay $100-$200 for 30 minutes/1 hours of reviewers time instead of spend 2 weeks – 1 month for develop and get a general message. :D

Me too :) It is always better to spend $100 then 2-3 weeks of hard work.

490 posts
  • Exclusive Author
wopethemes says

The thing is themeforest have no competitor right now so they don’t need to do the stuff/extend works to get more items/authors. Actually they’re trying to remove more items as the amount of items is increase too much.
1138 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
+1 more
ImanGM says

What if your theme is rejected 3 or 4 times before getting approved? I guess in this situation we’ll have a new thread in the forum that we want our $400-$800 back now! ;)

The thing is themeforest have no competitor right now so they don’t need to do the stuff/extend works to get more items/authors. Actually they’re trying to remove more items as the amount of items is increase too much.

Did you read this thread? The thing is that two threads are running in the same time which are completely against each other.

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/themeforest-trends-and-number-of-items-approved/113146

One says that why there are too many items approved everyday and the other one is saying that why so many items are rejected…

255 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
PersianArt says

Aren’t we already doing that? We did over $100,000 for Envato, it wouldn’t hurt getting 20 minutes in a month from the reviewer. It’s a benefit for both TF and the authors.

I got an idea, to offer this feature as a reward for elite authors or those who sold more than 100,000. In this case, they’re guaranteed that the quality is not really below the standards like for many new authors… And we don’t waste any time by re-coding design parts if the PSD gets rejected.

I think this would be an awesome feature offered for elite authors, because right now mostly only the analytics data makes a difference between us and an author that just submitted a template/theme.
I was thinking the same thing :) That would be awesone we should push this to Envato stuff. I think this a win win for Envato and Elite Authors :)

If you were not elite then you accepted it. here there is no any difference between new or elite author. the design process is different to develop process. hard rejection in the theme submit is for design issue, while the elite title is for sale number.

If my first theme was sold only 1760 instead 440 (4x) then I was elite, you think it means that I was guru and different man and now that is sold around 440, I am not.

I am not agree with that it can be accepted for elite but I agree for all author here and it did not waste reviewer time, I have an example:

My first theme reject around 20 time for hardreject and softreject only for design to get unique deigning. it take 6 month and I must after any change in design, change some codes.

But if I had done in design process it took under 6 month because I have not code changing. but the review process number is 20 yet.

The review process time for designing not very different for reviewer but very affective for authors.

with this experience I submit first psd for my last themes.

Also someone said it is not professional that we submit psd and making changes and asking “will this be accepted?”. as I can see here we must design that reviewer like and accept it not our works, then for what it is not professional.

at end I have suggestion, I think in the psd submit form must put 1 option that authors can selected it if they want know the theme is ready to submit on the theme category, but when this option is selected then the PSD did not release after approve. and this option must be for all not only elite author.

what you think about it?

thanks

by
by
by
by
by
by