4641 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

So you’re ok with spending a month or more converting a PSD to WP only to see a generic rejection message that it’s not unique enough? Instead of getting that message right from the start of the coding process? This is a business, advices like “Just do the work and hope for the best form the reviewers” are not okay for an author that does this full-time and could avoid losing time by getting some minutes of the reviewer’s time. We earned this right and it’s in the great benefit of both us and Envato.

Well when I started on TF I just focused on making designs I was happy with, and so far all themes were approved first time. Did I have some doubt it would get rejected.. yes.. but I just made sure I put all my effort into it. Asking designs to be reviewed makes authors lazy.. We need to set our own bars here. Envato doesn’t owe you anything, you are Elite because of the quality of your work which gets accepted, it’s a mutual professional business arrangement. You are not employed by Envato to make files… you make money for the work you create as your own product.. I think you confusing how this system works.

It’s like being an apple farmer… there are many apple farmers out there, each grows their crop to their ability to have a quality harvest.. then they take their harvest to the market and compete with other apple farmers, each harvest gets graded and priced accordingly and then it goes on sale, and the market provides the infrastructure and customers to sell and then takes commission.

What you’re asking is for the apple farmer to take half grown crops prematurely to the market, and ask the market manager.. is this good enough? would you sell this in a few months when it’s harvested? What if the crop was destroyed by a fire or it was infected with bugs. It would waste the market managers time reviewing one potential crop since he has plenty of other suppliers for apples. That’s just how business works ;) However if you were employed by the market as the exclusive seller of the apples, then the market manager would check on the crop prior to harvest and going on sale.

4641 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

The main point of argument here for this reviewing of PSD’s prior to development and not uploading through PSD category is so that “people won’t steal our ideas” but under the same breath you want this system to “prevent wasting development time if the design gets rejected” So basically a complete contradiction to the first statement – because surely if the idea is that good and you think its worth stealing then it should be awesome and groundbreaking enough to get approved without problems. Either way you’re trying to control the outcome based on what you perceive might happen from a negative point of view – whilst wasting your own time, reviewers time and other authors waiting in the queue. My suggestion is focus on your skill, have faith in your own work and have positive focus to deliver a quality product that would get accepted. It’s just a shift in mindset :) You are not partners with Envato, you are not employees of Envato, Envato doesn’t care if you do this fulltime/partime/as a hobby … You are just one of many who supply goods and Envato only cares about one thing, that the final product you supply meets their quality standard, otherwise no business agreement – that’s what was made clear when we became authors.

493 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says
Then, maybe we should start by sending the PSD files first… It seems that this is the only way to be sure before spending time on WP version.
it will not work as psd require high quality than wordpress. an desing could be approve in wp but could be reject in psd and author will lazy to make wordpress as the chance for reject is too high!
by
by
by
by
by
by