1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says

In the long term Adobe is driving Flash to be solely a game development platform, not an interactive content creating tool like it’s used to be. They even stated in their announcement several months ago that they believe html and related web technologies are capable of doing what Flash can do today. This is really controversy and will take many years later for html/css to evolve much more than this. If they are competent enough and keep pushing Flash technology like an amazing interactivity creating tool then a few years later when Android and other devices which support Flash natively may take over iDevices and Flash will gain popularity again but that won’t happen anymore.

We won’t see any engaging website like Flash with html. The process to animate thing in html is unintuitive, awkward and time consuming. Basically moving div around by altering CSS value is just so weird, the canvas element api is a little bit better because it was created purposely to animate thing like Flash does but it’s still very limited and low level.

The main reason people turning away from Flash is its incompatible with iDevices, and now even incompatible with Android if developer uses any feature from Flash Player 11 and later. Adobe contributes a huge part in the death of Flash, Apple is the cause but Adobe just help pushing it faster !

If you look again at Adobe’s move and decision so far, it is no surprising. They created Adobe Muse to make animated content using html, basically moving div around with bloated element and jQuery as the core engine (?!). That is what Flash is mainly used for, if people can animate thing with Muse (in a bad way) without Flash, but it works on iDevice (with bad performance but who cares) there is no case to use Flash anymore.

Adobe also proposes CSS Shader to W3C to make CSS more capable of creating advanced filter effect, again this interferes with Flash usage and as soon as browsers start to implement it, Flash is much more firmed on its way out.

1633 posts fueledweb.com
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says

Since Flash is still Adobe property, we have to follow their move and decision. What they want Flash to be nowadays are:

1. Game development platform for the web with Stage3D and advanced feature of Flash Player

2. Mobile game and app development platform with AIR

To monetize Flash again you have to figure out what to do with those two things. Selling stock file as web component doesn’t work anymore.

1633 posts fueledweb.com
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says

no one is uploading anything with stage3d etc because it’s such a niche market when it comes to high end flash… same with games… selling ready made games isn’t a way to work, you need to sell components for games like Unity does with their Asset Store, although the way Unity works compared with Flash makes this a whole lot easier…

Adobe made a mistake by advertising stage3d solely as a game development platform. Now everybody thinks you can only make games with it. What about 3d model viewers, for example www.nissan-stagejuk3d.com, what about 3d image galleries with real time shadows, reflections, water, particles, anti-aliasing…? Everything that was made for flash 10 can be made for flash 11 only much better looking and will work much faster.

People now don’t want to lose time on learning stage3d because they don’t see profit in it, but I’m sure if AD encourages stage3d files a bit (competition), it could get some awesome stage3d files that cannot be done in js. And buyers will buy flash only if same thing cannot be done in js.

It’s not their mistake to advertise so. They did it on purpose, they essentially want Flash to be a game tool.

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

From last 3 years until now with all the changing adobe made + the overall web trend, I always state; flash core base is on the IDE that sending octopus arm to flex flash game atc` the flash as we know is what drove us developer on the income, if we can’t maintain all that on the web it’s a lost battle.

Fact is right now there is simple no new blood coming into flash, no one will learn it, so you guys can talk all the mambo jumbo stuff you want, stage3D / Starling development flash game bla bla if no true flash on the web no one will use it ,it’s just amazing to see how 3D on the web is just leprous…but still ill say F* them all…. I’ll keep do flash why you ask ? Only cos` I am mentally disturbed… a true suicide if you ask me working with flash this days :P .

F* that 3 am in the morning here and I am still working on a flash project due to 6 am deadline if it was html crap ill probably tell them until next week :P good night this post here and word I read don’t do much grace for my karma …..

And Rim maybe you should tell those Greek goddess sitting on the mount of Melbourne bring back Air here, same as you don’t go to Apple store and expect to find an Android dives .if someone looking for Air file the first place he will go is to AD not that I care much about Air but I love logic as you know.

man sorry about all the FFF stuff 3 am you know :P

4669 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

Seems like this thread is drifting back into “the future of Flash” territory and what’s going to replace it blah blah… I’m talking PRESENT TENSE .. how do we maximize profits now with what is currently online for sale? Price reduction makes sense, anyways I said my bit, you guys run with the rest of this conversation :D I guess we shall just watch sales go down to a grinding hault and do nothing to capitalize on it…

66 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
yuanhao_viva says

increase sale?shuhankuang the best templates maker,have you ever seen a bundle of his?no ,he told me if do so that will make the market worse,everyone wait for a bundle. i think make some more template will be better with cms or web app.but you will take the risk,maybe you work on app many hours but sales is not good.
actually banner is still hot :D hahaha

31 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
SMeesters says

I haven’t been noticing much of the decline. Last month was my best month yet (since starting in January 2011), although the month before it was my worst. :D Probably because I offer mostly games.

1312 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
LGLab says

Why not, this could be like a closing down sale :D

But hey DS, you can already sell your files for half the price, rewrite them in jQuery and sell them on CC :P

8271 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

no one is uploading anything with stage3d etc because it’s such a niche market when it comes to high end flash… same with games… selling ready made games isn’t a way to work, you need to sell components for games like Unity does with their Asset Store, although the way Unity works compared with Flash makes this a whole lot easier…

Adobe made a mistake by advertising stage3d solely as a game development platform. Now everybody thinks you can only make games with it. What about 3d model viewers, for example www.nissan-stagejuk3d.com, what about 3d image galleries with real time shadows, reflections, water, particles, anti-aliasing…? Everything that was made for flash 10 can be made for flash 11 only much better looking and will work much faster.

People now don’t want to lose time on learning stage3d because they don’t see profit in it, but I’m sure if AD encourages stage3d files a bit (competition), it could get some awesome stage3d files that cannot be done in js. And buyers will buy flash only if same thing cannot be done in js.

but it won’t work on a mobile device and so most clients won’t be interested since it’ll cost more to dev a desktop and mobile version…

I agree with Rim, Adobe know exactly what they’re doing and IMO Flash doesn’t need to be used for animation components on the web anymore, JS can take care of that even if it’s not as intuitive to build…

4669 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience says

Why not, this could be like a closing down sale :D

Exactly ;)

by
by
by