• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Devil’s advocate: every timeframe will show the same list. That’s how being a top seller works.

The original post suggests this feature not for top seller page. It is for search results. Since the screenshot shows the Grid view, you might be assuming it as top seller page! ;)

Btw, this is an obvious filter every search result deserves.

219 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
sightsignal says

Hmm… I thought this would be included in the new Search platform…? Guess not… +1 to this request.

6770 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says

till this get updated we can use google with this formula (copy paste into google)

"10 March 2012" "Item Details" site:http://themeforest.net/

replace date with the day you need, also after the “site:” term put the marketplace you are interested in

note: envato marketplace search also works. just type the date in the item search filed. The downsize is that is not so precise and will throw false results

8119 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

Devil’s advocate: every timeframe will show the same list. That’s how being a top seller works.

The original post suggests this feature not for top seller page. It is for search results. Since the screenshot shows the Grid view, you might be assuming it as top seller page! ;)

Btw, this is an obvious filter every search result deserves.

+1

321 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
familychoice says

I think filtering search by date (first release and last update) is very important for a buyer…

+1

951 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
+1 more
tommusrhodus says

I think filtering search by date (first release and last update) is very important for a buyer…

First release +1

Last update, nope.

Why? Well last update doesn’t always mean an item is abandoned, it could just mean the item is now currently stable. I find that the update rate of all my items slows down from release, as initial bugs are discovered, fixed, new features etc. It gets to a point where I would consider the item stable, and from then the updates become major releases, once every two months depending on the item, once every 4 months.

I’d hate to think people were missing my items because of mistaking freshness of update, against stability of item.

306 posts Keeping Things Simple
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Portugal
+2 more
cmoreira says

First release +1

Last update, nope.

Why? Well last update doesn’t always mean an item is abandoned, it could just mean the item is now currently stable. I find that the update rate of all my items slows down from release, as initial bugs are discovered, fixed, new features etc. It gets to a point where I would consider the item stable, and from then the updates become major releases, once every two months depending on the item, once every 4 months.

I’d hate to think people were missing my items because of mistaking freshness of update, against stability of item.

I agree with TommusRhodus. If ‘sort by last update’ was available, it would only make authors make small insignificant updates all the time just to be on top of the list.

I agree also with cooledition idea: sort items by most sales with a date range makes sense. But I guess in the end they would be similar results anyway.

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • India
+3 more
VF says

I agree also with cooledition idea: sort items by most sales with a date range makes sense. But I guess in the end they would be similar results anyway.

This is true only if all kinds of search results are showing same items! :D But consider about the fact that every buyer, every time may not do the same keyword searches. In such case, this feature will be handy.

It is not necessarily true that always an old item’s sales beats recent 3 month items sales. May be the top 5 to 10 results can be similar but consider about remaining ones below (within same page atleast) – buyers focus them too! :D (in this case, buyer’s most preferred kind of item can appear on 1st page result rather than 3rd or 4th page)

The most painful deficiency we see on these marketplaces are we are trained to avoid going through “in-between ranges” and encouraged to see only extreme tops!

272 posts PremiumLayers.com
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
PremiumLayers says

+1, genius idea!

339 posts
  • United Kingdom