+1 great idea!

689 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
cooledition says

Ok guys i think some of you were right, maybe every timeframe would show the same list so i decided to make a small change that would fix it.

take a look

584 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

Ok guys i think some of you were right, maybe every timeframe would show the same list so i decided to make a small change that would fix it.

I Told You So

My work here is done…

Except if you’re going to promote newly uploaded items you really should promote newly updated items too. Or items with a high update frequency. Or items with long stable histories that sell well. The whole point of faceted navigation is not to restrict the dimensions of a search.

342 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
StencilMedia says

Sorry GravityDept, but you’re wrong; so the ‘I told you so’ celebrations might be slightly premature!

It’s December the 10th 1997 in the UK. You search for best selling singles of all time. You’ve got a couple of Bill’s a bit of Elton even some Baccara in the list. Celine Dion doesn’t even get a look in. However, you change the dropdown to ‘This Week’ and there she is, right at the top.

You’re right that there will be a bit of overlap on the results, but if the number one files has, say 10,000 sales, in three years (that’s 277 a month)... then surely it makes sense that there should be an option to flag up items that have 5,000 sales in one year (416 a month)?

203 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
biyanpasau says

Nice idea especially for “uploaded today” since there are about 50 items accepted everyday. By implementing this, people will no longer make a new thread about homepage.

5899 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

@Cooledition, not sure what’s the difference! :D And “Uploaded today” is unnecessary for search results. Past 1 month minimum (if not 2-3 months) could be useful for buyers.

Nice idea especially for “uploaded today” since there are about 50 items accepted everyday. By implementing this, people will no longer make a new thread about homepage.

So many misunderstandings here for a simple feature! :D This extra filter on search results will not help new item’s exposure! The sort by “last week” may bring a rare, tiny exposure for some items. This can’t compensate even 1% of initial exposure issues; which requires its own solution! ;)

149 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
sebastianjacobs says

+1 great idea!!!

584 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

@ StencilMedia — The point was ranking from a period would always show the same products as the top selling list of that day. It might be different items over time but this doesn’t improve searches ability to surface “up and coming” but not “already top selling” items for any period.

54 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
moncocopilote says

+1 great idea man :)

521 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
NoizMan says

take a look

5 stars! This filtering would work great for AJ.

by
by
by
by
by
by