2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

I wanted to send some feedback to Envato but i cant seem to find a way to do this(contact form doesn’t have a subject for this) so i do it this way.

I see more and more authors here that are using there own support forums to help buyers, so i have an idea, what if an buyer wants to send you an email about a question of one of the theme that he has bought of you, he goes to your contact form and fills in the question. Afther tis you will get an email with the question and a link to see if he has bought an item of you.

But what if you can fill in 2 email accounts, 1 for if a buyer doesn’t have bought something but only has an question about some thing you can redirect if to for example to you personal email. And 1 for if an buyer has bought an item an script will detect this and send the question to an email account which can be an autoresponse account of yours which redirects him to you support forum.

Why this idea?

Well i don get a lot of emails true my personal website, which i cant use to check if an buyer has really bougth a file or has gotten my file true a other way(you know the bad way). Thiis way you know if you will get a user on your forum that he has bougth an item.

This way you get an better overview.

What do you think?

3247 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says
I wanted to send some feedback to Envato but i cant seem to find a way to do this(contact form doesn’t have a subject for this) so i do it this way.

I see more and more authors here that are using there own support forums to help buyers, so i have an idea, what if an buyer wants to send you an email about a question of one of the theme that he has bought of you, he goes to your contact form and fills in the question. Afther tis you will get an email with the question and a link to see if he has bought an item of you.

But what if you can fill in 2 email accounts, 1 for if a buyer doesn’t have bought something but only has an question about some thing you can redirect if to for example to you personal email. And 1 for if an buyer has bought an item an script will detect this and send the question to an email account which can be an autoresponse account of yours which redirects him to you support forum.

Why this idea?

Well i don get a lot of emails true my personal website, which i cant use to check if an buyer has really bougth a file or has gotten my file true a other way(you know the bad way). Thiis way you know if you will get a user on your forum that he has bougth an item.

This way you get an better overview.

What do you think?

I think thats a great idea, when I started thinking the best way for me to do support at first I thought of maybe doing a ticket system but Id still have to do the manual verification and if someone contacted me non-support related Id have extra tickets to close

1799 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
BroOf says

Hehe, yesterday I thought about this issue. One solution I thought of would be that the user sends his envato username and his API key to your system and this automatically checks if the client really bought a specific theme.

Now I don’t know if the information about bought files are stored in the API -Array. I will search ;)

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says
Now I don’t know if the information about bought files are stored in the API -Array. I will search ;)

I dont think so.

1799 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
BroOf says

Hmm, then the envato developers have to build a special API ;) This would be perfect for authors and buyers. I mean if a buyer freely offers his API key it would be the same like sending an email through the portfolio page but better to manage.

by
by
by
by
by
by