• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
spykawg says

Hello :)

Here is a preview of the template that was rejected deepblue pro

One of the problems was that in IE6 the featured text paragraph is being cut off

Problem is… I can’t seem to reproduce this problem. I’ve been testing in IE6 natively on XP (SP3) and this problem doesn’t seem to happen, regardless of window size, resolution, etc.

I’ve taken pictures in browsershots too which can be seen here: http://browsershots.org/http://www.spyka.net/templates/premium/deepblue-pro/index.html they again they all appear to be fine

Can anyone seem to reproduce this problem?

Any comments on the template are welcome as well :)

364 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
chrisfay says

I had a similar problem with a theme where the menu was breaking for the reviewer in iE6 but I simply could not reproduce it regardless of resolution, OS, etc… It ended up being an issue with Parallels, a Mac virtualization package the reviewer was using which wasn’t rendering theme properly in IE6 .

You may want to ask the reviewer if he/she is using that same package and if so, to view your theme in a non-parallels workstation. If browsershots and other similar services show the site showing up fine I bet your OK.

Just a thought…

120 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
cdavidson says

Ive stoped supportinh IE 6 now. its old causes way to many problems and its about time every other developer stoped supporting it.

15 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
spykawg says
I had a similar problem with a theme where the menu was breaking for the reviewer in iE6 but I simply could not reproduce it regardless of resolution, OS, etc… It ended up being an issue with Parallels, a Mac virtualization package the reviewer was using which wasn’t rendering theme properly in IE6 .

You may want to ask the reviewer if he/she is using that same package and if so, to view your theme in a non-parallels workstation. If browsershots and other similar services show the site showing up fine I bet your OK.

Just a thought…

Thanks for that, do you know how I can contact the reviewer directly? Do I just reply to the email that sent the rejection message?

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+7 more
jremick Staff says

I’ve looked at your template via the live preview link and the issues are no longer there. Sometimes your local files (the files you submit) might not have been updated to reflect a last minute change or something like that.

During a few reviews a little while ago my testing system was showing problems that didn’t actually exist with the template. This was quickly sorted out however and will no longer be an issue (I use Parallels as well as a separate physical testing system now).

If you feel like there is a mistake being made on my end of things just reply to the email you’ve received (the approval/rejection email). This will open a support ticket with our support staff and the reviewer of your template will be assigned. We will respond as quickly as possible.

Edit: A quick note, please do not contact me directly regarding template/theme problems. I receive many questions regarding these issues which need to go through the support staff system.

by
by
by
by
by
by