I was away for a while and was not able to follow the forum threads and notes, sorry if this has been discussed before. So I have following question:
Is IE7 support still mandatory? If not, then what is the least author needs to support? Is it okay if Chrome, FF and other new browser use the full power of new css while IE7 and other IE version fail gracefully ?
Another thing is that I saw HTML5 (templates) category on Code Canyon while Mobile site templates (using HTML 5 ) here on TF, little confused, what should be submitted as a template (HTML5) under CC ?
For quite some time IE7 is no longer mandatory. Providing support for IE8 & IE9 is a good practice though
But with the latest news of IE autoupdating… our life will be a whole lot easier.
I support IE8 & 9 in my upcoming themes
Thanks KiwiStudio and mpc
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Community Moderator
- Author was Featured
- Item was Featured
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations