1664 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

I could’nt come up with existing similar thread so I am opening a new one.

I am VH author for a year and a half now and I see how good is to create here and work with you guys. This is realy a magical place. I started off at Audiojungle and found VH later.

Buyers are transforming to authors

My concern is: I know that there is alot of clients working in tv stations and freelancers who customizes VH items and sells them. But you can see how fast this marketplace is growing in terms of authors. We can see how many new items gets into the spin. And how many ex-buyers is becoming authors and stars working not as a buyer-customizer-seller but as item-maker-uploader.

we have 1568 authors with items and we have 8280 After Effects files. The queues are going faster and faster which means we get more and more items in the same amount of time. Less and less exposure in the front of VH.

What I mean by this thread is that many of buyers who comes here can customize templates and has knowledge of AE, they can learn and then instead of buying they will start making and uploading. they are becoming authors.

I have seen already maybe 40 authors who has 2 or 3 years badge and has uploaded first nice item here. My hope is that they are trying to make some internal money to spend here for other templates so they dont need to deposit.

Useless items

And what do you think about item oversaturation ? We all honestly know that there are like MANY items which are useless. (myself currently thinking about cleaning my own portfolio when I reach 30 SERIOUS items).

Envato once said that there will be some item wiping action and maybe a system where items which are not bought for a certain amount time is deleted. I think this HAS to be implemented. When I try to find some items to buy sometimes I find items which makes me laugh and think to myself how did THIS got approved??

5219 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+11 more
felt_tips Moderator says

So far, marketplace saturation has always been balanced out by new customers, prices have stayed low and quality has continued to rise.

Who knows to what extent this will continue to be the case? The number of files on Videohive must be growing pretty exponentially. Prices have become lower in real-terms. Authors have to fight for attention and buyers have an inpenetrable mountain of stuff to search through with rather limited search tools.

Maybe this will lead to a tipping point in author / buyer behaviour. Maybe not.

For the time-being, the equilibrium is maintained.

1664 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

The number of files on Videohive must be growing pretty exponentially. Prices have become lower in real-terms. Authors have to fight for attention and buyers have an inpenetrable mountain of stuff to search through with rather limited search tools.

this is frightening to read… but yes it is 100 percent truth. Search tools are just… ummm wait.. what search tools? ..

Search is just NOT THERE when I need to find something

64 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
_Terry says

I have literally spend days of search for just a couple of good track on Audiojungle, recently I have come to the conclusion that is best to post something on their forum and wait for them to contact you…

by
by
by
by
by
by