465 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
uiuxaesthetics says

If you think popular files should be more accessible from home page please respond with a +1. ...or am I the only one.

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

How much more accessible can they be than one click? (Aside from actually appearing on the home page)

465 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
uiuxaesthetics says

I am sorry I meant a larger space allocated rather than just a button. Like a space the size of the free file of the week. Preferably towards the top of the page. There is a TON of space allocated for the weekly featured items and the free file of the week, why can’t we get a bigger spot for popular files.

2529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

As a buyer, I like the fact that a single button click takes me to a huge list of the most popular templates. There’s only so much real estate on the home page, so I personally like the change. :)

1620 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says

I´d say they don´t give the popular files this space since it kinda eliminates the new files so they don´t get the exposure they need to sell. I would guess this is the reason why popular files only have a button.

New files needs more exposure than popular files

199 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ivank says
If you think popular files should be more accessible from home page please respond with a +1. ...or am I the only one.
-1 sorry :D
250 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
simnor says

I’ve gotta agree, it’s totally unfair for the people who have new templates on the site to have the popular files taking up their space and their sales. If people want to find the most popular files then they can click the button.

342 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
reidknorr says

I think popular files SHOULD be on the homepage but in a similar format to the old site and with another condition. Cyan mentioned performance as a key to the new homepage redesign and I totally agree. Too much stuff on the homepage will make it lag and people will get frustrated. So why not turn the popular files button into an ajax button that swaps out the new files and loads the popular ones in its place? Thats what i’d personally like to see.

2278 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says
I’ve gotta agree, it’s totally unfair for the people who have new templates on the site to have the popular files taking up their space and their sales. If people want to find the most popular files then they can click the button.

+1

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by