67 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
SteveSolanki says

Hi Guys

Facing an issue with iframe background transparency on load.No matter what i try it doesn’t become transparent on load.It loads with white and then becomes transparent.I had tried below methods

1.allowtransparency 2.Setting iframe src pages body style background to transparent 3. visibility hidden to iframe and show on load 4.visibility hidden to iframe src page body tag and show on load

None of those works.It loads with white and then turns transparent.Any help is highly appreaciated

Thanks in advance

339 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
kevinhamil says

It looks like you said you tried this already, but I would think hiding the iframe until it’s fully loaded seems like it should work.

<iframe style="visibility:hidden;" onload="this.style.visibility = 'visible';" src="../examples/inlineframes1.html" > </iframe>

One thing I would suggest trying is making sure your caches are cleared when trying different methods.. I have had experiences in the past where it just kept pulling from a cache/memory rather than applying my newest changes… so I would get frustrated that nothing was working, all the while, I was never really seeing my changes take affect.

Hope you get it worked out.

939 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
aleluja says

Tried using z-index?

67 posts
  • Exclusive Author
SteveSolanki says

It looks like you said you tried this already, but I would think hiding the iframe until it’s fully loaded seems like it should work. <iframe style="visibility:hidden;" onload="this.style.visibility = 'visible';" src="../examples/inlineframes1.html" > </iframe>

One thing I would suggest trying is making sure your caches are cleared when trying different methods.. I have had experiences in the past where it just kept pulling from a cache/memory rather than applying my newest changes… so I would get frustrated that nothing was working, all the while, I was never really seeing my changes take affect.

Hope you get it worked out.

No its not cache :(

Thanks

5311 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

<iframe style="visibility:hidden;" onload="this.style.visibility = 'visible';" src="../examples/inlineframes1.html" > </iframe> One thing I would suggest trying is making sure your caches are cleared when trying different methods.. I have had experiences in the past where it just kept pulling from a cache/memory rather than applying my newest changes… so I would get frustrated that nothing was working, all the while, I was never really seeing my changes take affect.

The above code has worked for me in the past. And that’s good advice on cache too. Sometimes to get an iframe free from cache I have to clear the cache and restart the browser. I find I have to do this often for HTML5 video as well.

67 posts
  • Exclusive Author
SteveSolanki says

Hi

Thanks everyone.Found the issue finally :). The iframe src page was having script tags in head when i moved it to end of budy tag its fine now

Thanks a lot for all the help

Thanks

339 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
kevinhamil says

Cool, good to know. Glad you got it figured out.

by
by
by
by
by
by