42 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
RossSadler says

From my point of view I wouldn’t use a subscription based one I’d always opt for a stand-alone version. :)

409 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in India
Dhruv says
From my point of view I wouldn’t use a subscription based one I’d always opt for a stand-alone version. :)

even if it offers lots of features at really an affordable price and also has a free version :D :)

42 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
RossSadler says

By subscription – you host it and take $xx per month?

I think I’d still prefer a white label version I could install on clients hosting and mess around with it to their spec. Or maybe offer both, monthly fee or pay outright for it.

Just some thoughts. But I can see having a regular monthly income quite enticing!! :D :D

409 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in India
Dhruv says

Well, i can launch both lite version for sale and full version as subscription based…

Features for subscription based :

1. App will be updated very often and new features will be added all the time.

2. You can create custom apps based on the actual app using API ’s :D :D :D :D :D :D

3. You can upload the files, you don’t have to worry about the bandwidth or server speed or any such stuff

4. You can add clients, staffs, etc

BUT , if i release the lite version, it would just suck :D and i don’t want that…....

But, anyways let’s see what happens in the end :)

Note : I am only re-thinking about this because the top authors are planning the same and that confuses me.
10 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
studioleland says

Where are we on this dev work? Thanks.

409 posts
Dhruv says
Where are we on this dev work? Thanks.

The development work is in progress and the beta will be released pretty soon (invite only) and it will be subscription based.

there are many different and new features which you’ll love (or can disable it).

Right now, I’m planning what server configuration should be, which and all services to use and database re-design is in process.

At the end, It wont be a disappointment for any of you interested in this, And i guarantee that (how can it be a disappointment when you can change every aspect of it for every new project :D )

BTW , still, if anyone need any feature to be implemented or wishes to see any feature for this kind of application, just comment it or email it to me.

Interested in more information regarding this project + screenshots + features? just comment or email me.

P.S : The envato users will definitely get discount/free account when the app is released (as it was originally planned for Envato “Codecanyon” .)

19 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
garyc40 says
BTW , still, if anyone need any feature to be implemented or wishes to see any feature for this kind of application, just comment it or email it to me.

Dude, just try to wrap up what you have and release it. Then make incremental updates if there are requests from other members. 2 months ago you said a demo would be out on August 10th. All we have so far are screenshots and empty promises (discount, private access etc.) I personally don’t want to wait anymore if what you’re doing is adding a bunch of features I might not need.

This kind of reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

Just stop asking for new feature suggestions and try to get your product out the door asap bro.

409 posts
Dhruv says

@garyc40

Yeah, i said the demo would be ready before august 10th and it was ready before that.

As i said in my earlier comments, i am really confused between selling it as an installable product or as subscription based.

The application is ready, for now i am making it ready for subscription based.

I can lie to you but not to myself.

I only ask others about the features because i want them to be involved and somebody might suggest cool features., As a developer & designer i know for myself what features an application should have.

Believe me or not, but the application is ready and currently i am re-developing/making changes to it for subscription based users.

If the app is ready why don’t you publish the demo???

Thats because i will / constantly am changing the design to make sure enough room is available for new features.

I don’t want you to wait any longer, i will give you the access to the app for free for you to check out. So, buy the product you want (for now), you can switch later if you think mine to be any better. And i will make sure i have some kinda import feature :)

BTW nice link (wikipedia)

P.S : i could show the demo of the app, but i know i will change the interface and it’s functionality soon.

The application will be released two weeks after the rule.fm launches their app. (similar to basecamp and many other client and project management, CRM apps.)

Anything else you wanna say???

by
by
by
by
by
by