FantasticPlugins Recent Posts Threads Started
97 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
FantasticPlugins says

I had a terrible sales experience. One of the buyer found a bug(alphabets were not validated when numbers are required) in one product and posted a really offensive product comment + offensive rating comment. I guess everyone deals with these stuff.

Was just thinking why not have a Ignore List feature for both the Buyers & Sellers. Once a Seller adds a Buyer to the Ignore List, then the Buyer can’t buy anything from the Seller in future and once a Buyer adds a Seller to the Ignore List may be the Buyer need not be shown the items of this particular Seller.

Something I guess may make both the Buyers/Sellers a little stress free.

Does it make sense for you guys?

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

no

3732 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Blocking buyers wouldn’t be a good solution for anyone. ;)

173 posts
  • Located in Asia/Pacific Region
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
huykhong says

Last time I received one star because the user cannot turn off spam filter, I said it’s dangerous and he throw me 1 star with a reason: “This guy don’t know how to talk like a human” :crying:

FantasticPlugins
97 posts
+2 more
FantasticPlugins says

Thanks for your comments guys.

Blocking buyers wouldn’t be a good solution for anyone. ;)
The percentage of Buyers/Sellers who are unprofessional is very less. Out of my ~600 Buyers just one turned out to be unprofessional. Hence I thought may be it can help imho :)

Last time I received one star because the user cannot turn off spam filter, I said it’s dangerous and he throw me 1 star with a reason: “This guy don’t know how to talk like a human” :crying:
Sorry to hear that. Trying to help and landing with a 1 star and a disappointing comment is a bad experience. :confused:
480 posts
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Located in United Kingdom
+3 more
FlatKing says

If they found a bug in your item they’re aloud to rant about it. It’s up to you then, if you care about your ratings and your customers you can fix it and apologise, otherwise you can just ignore it

8273 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

if they found a bug then that’s your fault really… you’ve sold that product technically as faulty to all the other buyers so they might actually block you ;)

660 posts SickFlyers.com
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
INDUSTRYKIDZ says

NO!!

FantasticPlugins
97 posts
+2 more
FantasticPlugins says

A small clarification. It is not about a 1 star rating and a negative comment. Here the comment was offensive and abusive. I am all in for a 1 star rating and a negative comment which reflects a Buyer’s opinion. The problem here is an offensive and abusive comment.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

If they found a bug in your item they’re aloud to rant about it. It’s up to you then, if you care about your ratings and your customers you can fix it and apologise, otherwise you can just ignore it

It is not about Buyer complaining or ranting. It is about a comment which is abusive and offensive. We do care about the customers and fix or enhance the products as per their needs. But when the Buyer straight away starts with an offensive comment, not sure how to go about it.

if they found a bug then that’s your fault really… you’ve sold that product technically as faulty to all the other buyers so they might actually block you ;) -1
As I said above we are there to help our buyers. The bug will be fixed and the next version released. We always keep enhancing our products and hence down the road the Buyer will be getting much more than what it was when he/she purchased. I am perfectly fine with a 1 star rating with a negative comment as well. But what about an offensive(abusive) comment. There is a difference between a negative comment and an offensive(abusive) comment.
by
by
by
by
by
by