• India
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
MotionMAX says

Hi there, Iam working on a pvt ltd company here as a graphic designer Here i found some of channels using videohive files are using for their promos I have found that they are dowloading them from filesharing websites and displaying it on their channel. I can prove by capturing the channel videos. Is it leagal. Because here we videohive authors spends lots of time for projects and they are downloading and put it on air with out extended license. I would like to take other authors advice before contacting the support plz comment on it

2349 posts Small, but tough
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

How do you know they download them from filesharing?

229 posts
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
MotionMAX says

some of my colleague said he has seen that the person in that channel every day searches for the new videohive files and downloads it from the file sharing sites like rs,fs, and so on and the company does not invests that much of amount for the extended license i know that because iam from the same field.

1608 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

Go to that person and try to explain it to him. If your aproach is correct he will get it if no, then you will need something more drastical.

And ofcourse open up the support ticket about it.

229 posts
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
MotionMAX says

Go to that person and try to explain it to him. If your aproach is correct he will get it if no, then you will need something more drastical. And ofcourse open up the support ticket about it.
Hi Cyzer, I have already tried and now he also encouraging other colleagues to do the same thing to get rid of the work

Now the channel gets promos and montages with videohive files only I have noticed that most of the film trailers are coming with videohive files

4905 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Hello Bobbaanil, unfortunately there’s always going to be people that try to game to the system. Regardless of how rock-bottom our prices already are.

Either way, we don’t actually allow the discussion of illegal file usage and piracy on our forums. I’m going to lock this thread down to prevent any further messages. But urge you to create a ticket through our support system and provide any details and information you have regarding the issue and let our support staff see if they can somehow rectify the situation.

Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by