47 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
dijihane says

I think this thing will never end and we should start to think about a permanent solution. Like a password on main file or every VH buyer will have a seperate password and can access to main files with it. These are just first ideas. Im sure some programmer guys will see this and say more practiable ideas.

ps: my English isnt so good

7570 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

please send me the link from my profile page if you have the time.

1282 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

It’s a lot like the music/movie industry… if you don’t protect your content, it ends up on every warez site, and every nonlicensed bogus “customizer” site online, and you end up making almost no template sales.

Think about it – why would people buy and learn After Effects (expensive, huge learning curve) and pay $10-$30 for a template, when for $5 or $10 or whatever they can get your template modified and a video delivered? That’s against the envato license terms, so you guys need to protect your content.

And the customers of such places don’t know about licensing, since the resellers don’t divulge that, which makes the customers also in violation of license terms, in addition to the customizers.

You’d better STEP UP ENFORCEMENT AND DMCA notices really quickly. Or else a huge flood of unlicensed template modifiers with unlicensed content will continue to spring up, robbing you of sales income and destroying the AE template business. (and for others of you who run ae template sites and are reading this, same caution—everyone should protect their content with DMCA takedown notices).

11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
AndrejE says

thats disturbing news! could anyone send me a link to that site, please? thx in advance!

1565 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

The huge difference with Music/Movie industry that here authors has they own responsibility for own protection (check other sites, deal with DMCAs,...). Do you know musicians googling their songs and writing DMCAs? Yes there are labels, rights protection organizations,...

I think any creative person don’t like to spend much time for copyright protection (Do you like? I don’t). Why is not possible to have Envato hire someone(or group) to protect community (looking for other sources, writing DMCAs,..) to have more customers come here, to have more sales here and to have authors concentrate on creating but not on checking other sources and worry about piracy. Privately exchanging links about other sites is good, but it is too small to protect community! Many people is good force but community is the real power.

Btw, personally I am ok to share few % of my revenue to have someone(Envato) protect me. Why not to have Envato protect all of authors together? It is more easy than if everybody try to protect himself. We have exclusive authors and it looks easy to protect them since their items have to be here and only here.

As I see now Envato has good advantages like %sharing, prices, community. As I see few other areas shall be covered to have even more ideal place to live and create: copyright protection and probably support. :-)

Just a simple idea even I didn’t face with copyrights violations for my items yet.

Cheers!

Best Regards, Andrey

6 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
catastrophic3D says

Few days ago I wrote to Customer Support and seller. I did not receive any response. Any ideas what I could do now?

201 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
Darkpulse says

I’m interested to see that, we are fighting copyright violation all the time, and that’s the begining, anyone can send me the link by my profile page please ?

5162 posts
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

The huge difference with Music/Movie industry that here authors has they own responsibility for own protection (check other sites, deal with DMCAs,...). Do you know musicians googling their songs and writing DMCAs? Yes there are labels, rights protection organizations,...

I think any creative person don’t like to spend much time for copyright protection (Do you like? I don’t). Why is not possible to have Envato hire someone(or group) to protect community (looking for other sources, writing DMCAs,..) to have more customers come here, to have more sales here and to have authors concentrate on creating but not on checking other sources and worry about piracy. Privately exchanging links about other sites is good, but it is too small to protect community! Many people is good force but community is the real power.

Btw, personally I am ok to share few % of my revenue to have someone(Envato) protect me. Why not to have Envato protect all of authors together? It is more easy than if everybody try to protect himself. We have exclusive authors and it looks easy to protect them since their items have to be here and only here.

As I see now Envato has good advantages like %sharing, prices, community. As I see few other areas shall be covered to have even more ideal place to live and create: copyright protection and probably support. :-)

Just a simple idea even I didn’t face with copyrights violations for my items yet.

Cheers!

Best Regards, Andrey

With the “legitimate” sites that are the worst offenders.. “5R” etc., I think a court case from Envato is the way to go, accusing the site management of systematically tolerating illegal activity. No doubt these sites have a clause that makes the individual responsible, but I suspect that the truth is that the company turns a blind eye.

IMHO , for an independent / individual producer, the finding and sending DMCAs is a waste of time. This is a reason for professional creatives to stay well away from stock and I think that sites like Envato that profit from these small producers would do well to be seen upholding those users rights and copyrights. Part of it is about acting (although, you’ll never beat piracy completely). The arguably more important part is to be seen to be acting.

Just my 2c.

1282 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

i agree it would be great if Envato could do this; but they may simply not have resources or interest (or have other reasons/legal/compliance), for not doing this. i would personally be monitoring the internet and send DMCA notices myself (I’m a one-man company and have sent hundreds of DMCAs, six this last week alone for example) and while it’s a big waste of my time, it’s important to protect your content from being illegally resold/distributed online.

hopefully we all agree that someone should be policing content and sending DMCAs, I have done so for many years, though I really wish I didn’t have to; starting 2006 or so a bunch of filesharing sites came online and that was the start. actually it was napster, then torrents, then the filesharing sites. and now customizer services/sites that may not be in license compliance, to deal with.

754 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
GrizzleFX says

With the “legitimate” sites that are the worst offenders.. “5R” etc., I think a court case from Envato is the way to go, accusing the site management of systematically tolerating illegal activity. No doubt these sites have a clause that makes the individual responsible, but I suspect that the truth is that the company turns a blind eye.

Couldn’t agree more.

by
by
by
by
by
by