Illustrator 10 EPS Editable Text issue - Need a confirmation from Staff.

29 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 2
  • Collector Level 2
  • Exclusive Author
HeeHA
says

@illustrator88 Thanks a lot for the explanation. We was confusing the ligature issue. We got it now.

Thanks a lot!

960 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author Level 5
  • Community Superstar
  • Featured Author
+7 more
joiaco
says

I didn’t know about the ligatures thing either, so thanks for another tip. They are few and far between these days.

15 posts
  • 1 Year of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
pikzels
says

Hi,

I was having same problem today. When I was saving EPS version 10, texts were no longer editable and got outlined. I found that once I set text kerning to ‘0’ and save as EPS 10, re-open the file to test if the text were editable, It worked.

Hope that will help other people to fix any such issue.

P.S: I saved from Illustrator CC 2014 for EPS 10

Thanks,

BrainAtticDesign
BrainAtticDesign Recent Posts Threads Started
2 posts
  • Author Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
  • Hungary
BrainAtticDesign
says

I apologies because writing my problem here, but it’s very similar to this thread, and I don’t want to spam the main forum :)

I have constant problems with saving my works (logo templates) in EPS10 formats, because of : my cursed Illustrator / computer / myself ... I don’t know which, but the fact is : IF I try to save from my Illustrator CS5 in EPS 10 format ,the text always breaks into (still editable, but very) small parts (or worst ) even IF I click on update ( when I reopen the file ).

so My question is ( mainly towards to the envato team :) ): should I upload these “corrupted” EPS 10 files according to marketplace rules, which will instantly push the buyers into the edge of deep madness , and cause guaranteed unsatisfaction (because they need to edit every single letter almost one by one … ) OR can I use EPS 11 files in the future instead , without soft rejected again and again? EPS 11 works perfectly

Even if I attach an editable eps11 file,(+ an outlined eps10) ,write apologies, and quote Illustrator88 -s advices in the comment section to the reviewer , there is a chance to be soft rejected because of the “wrong” file formats … and that’s made me a very saaad panda.

My favourite so far: when one reviewer accepts the files ,understands my problems and the next reviewer rejects the exact same zip because wrong file formats.. :) :) :) I understand that being a reviewer is very hard work, but please do something or i’ll lose my mind :silly:

ps.: i’m fairly new here (and in graphics :))), so if i posted this in a wrong place i’m sorry :)

60 posts
  • Collector Level 3
  • Copyright Ninja
  • Envato Live Participant
  • Envato Team
+7 more
Illustrator88
Envato team
says

BrainAtticDesign

The key points in my earlier post are these:

we allow an EPS11 with editable text in addition to the EPS10.

If you are experiencing the text outlining issue, please include both the EPS10 and EPS11 versions

The EPS10 format is required for people who use CorelDraw, or Freehand, or some other vector editor besides Illustrator. Everybody else can use the EPS11 (CS).

60 posts
  • Collector Level 3
  • Copyright Ninja
  • Envato Team
+7 more
Illustrator88
Envato team
says

Just a tip for buyers or anyone who has to work with broken up legacy text:

If you open and EPS10 file and the text is still editable, but broken into fragments, you can fix it.

1. With the Selection Tool (black arrow) active, select the broken up text and Copy it.

2. Switch to the Type Tool (T), click on the artboard, and Paste. Now it will be one string of text.

See screen shot here: http://cl.ly/image/2n0F1q3w1Y3V

If you close and save the file to EPS10 again, the corrected text will break up again. :( So you should save it as a native Illustrator file in your latest version, and it should be ok!

BrainAtticDesign
BrainAtticDesign Recent Posts Threads Started
2 posts
  • Author Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
  • Hungary
BrainAtticDesign
says

BrainAtticDesign

The key points in my earlier post are these:

we allow an EPS11 with editable text in addition to the EPS10.

If you are experiencing the text outlining issue, please include both the EPS10 and EPS11 versions

The EPS10 format is required for people who use CorelDraw, or Freehand, or some other vector editor besides Illustrator. Everybody else can use the EPS11 (CS).

Thank you for the fast answer ! :superbashfulcute: It’s very kind of you to working on this case,and try to help us out!

Sorry about my english , but in nutshell :) : my problem is: It seems to me not every reviewer knows about this eps 10 problem. (and about the solution) I’m really appreciate their work but i’m a bit confused when one allows me to do things and the others don’t. (I’m always attaching eps 11 AND outlined eps 10 files too – among many other formats :)) (I feel myself guilty about breaking the marketplace rules , but I can’t fix this issue therefore my works will be rejected in the future again and again. It’s just a small problem I know, but “time is money” (for both of us) :))) my intentions are to improving the system

Thank you for the instructions, it’s very useful, i will use it in my documentation (if you don’t mind) :) :superbashfulcute:

60 posts
  • Collector Level 3
  • Copyright Ninja
  • Envato Team
+7 more
Illustrator88
Envato team
says
It seems to me not every reviewer knows about this eps 10 problem.

Everybody knows about it, but sometimes we miss things – we’re human :) I will remind everybody, though!

“time is money” (for both of us) :))) my intentions are to improving the system

Thank you – it is much appreciated! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by