128 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
MarioLucianAndreano says

Hi everybody!

I don’t like doing this but I really need your competent opinion with this one…
I’m disappointed that this track http://audiojungle.net/item/epic-success-story/4339231 hasn’t sold not even once…
And something tells me that it won’t sell in the future…while, as you can see in my portfolio, almost every other track has sold…even being way inferior in quality then this one…

My question to you is: have I done something wrong?
...maybe wrong category…maybe I lost my time writing something not so commercial…I know I should write commercial stuff and I am…but I felt this one could be useful in a lot of motivational/sports sort of projects etc….
so while it was in the queue I also spent some time doing shorter variations of 60 and 30 seconds and even a logo, to give the best I could…then I bought and modified a photo…then refreshed my profile picture…then post it on FB….etc. etc….waiting for the big boom that didn’t happen…

I know you will tell me that first day exposure it’s not the Holy Grail but it surely gives you at least 1 or 2 sales if the track is good…

so…what do you think?
I’m sorry I opened a new thread about it but I’m still pretty new here and I fee the need to ask the opinion of older AJ writers…

Thank You!

9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+2 more
WayUpNorthMusic says

Hello Mario,

Your song sounds great to me! I’m not a veteran here, but as far as I can tell you did all the right things. Tags look good, placed in the right category, and the tune should be useful for many different kinds of projects.

I think all you need is a little patience. This tack will definitely start selling soon.

All the best, Pär

MarioLucianAndreano
MarioLucianAndreano Recent Posts Threads Started
128 posts
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
MarioLucianAndreano says

Hello Mario,

Your song sounds great to me! I’m not a veteran here, but as far as I can tell you did all the right things. Tags look good, placed in the right category, and the tune should be useful for many different kinds of projects.

I think all you need is a little patience. This tack will definitely start selling soon.

All the best, Pär

Thank you Par, I hope you’re right…I just wasn’t expecting it wouldn’t sell at least once or twice the first day…it’s usually the way it goes…I’ll try to be patient.

Thanks again for the feedback!

310 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
GroovingGecko says

I think it’s a great song too, really well-made, and I can see the emotional athletic video using this song in front of me!

The hard reality is of course that if you’re unlucky, no one is looking for that kind of song at exactly the right time (when it’s new), even if it’s very good.

Then there are of course many songs that are very similar to it, and if they show up higher up in the search results, they are more likely to be sold.

My advice is: make 3 more songs that are similar in feel to this one – and then upload all 4 of them as a motivational/athletic/sports pack and you have a good second chance of marketplace exposure. Packs stay longer in the “new” list too. :)

You’re doing well here already with almost 2 sales/item. It’s all about patience and hard work – and math: 100 000 items / how many customers?

MarioLucianAndreano
128 posts
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
MarioLucianAndreano says

I think it’s a great song too, really well-made, and I can see the emotional athletic video using this song in front of me!

The hard reality is of course that if you’re unlucky, no one is looking for that kind of song at exactly the right time (when it’s new), even if it’s very good.

Then there are of course many songs that are very similar to it, and if they show up higher up in the search results, they are more likely to be sold.

My advice is: make 3 more songs that are similar in feel to this one – and then upload all 4 of them as a motivational/athletic/sports pack and you have a good second chance of marketplace exposure. Packs stay longer in the “new” list too. :)

You’re doing well here already with almost 2 sales/item. It’s all about patience and hard work – and math: 100 000 items / how many customers?

Thank you very much :) I’m glad you like it. I got your point and I’m trying to get over it…
Your advice is very good and it’s basically the only thing left to do to revive my favorite track on my AJ profile…and if that doesn’t work I will give up writing music and go live on top of a mountain by myself…just kidding :P

so thank you and I hope your week as featured author is going well!

310 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
GroovingGecko says

I’m sure every top author’s way to the top is different, but I love the way pinkzebra has done it! Very inspiring!

Unless pinkz had a huge library of music already finished, I’m sure he treats AJ like any full-time job and is constantly writing new music, because you never know what will ultimately sell well.

It took him over 30 items to get the first real big seller, and almost 150 songs to get his BIG seller (In the Moment of Inspiration). That song was uploaded after almost a year on this site.

This proves the value of HARD, HARD WORK and not giving up. Some people are a bit lucky and sell well with only 15-30 songs, but why leave this in the hands of others? The best chances you have of success is by constantly writing, recording, and IMPROVING your skills and songs.

I’m partly speaking to myself here too :) – always a good reminder! I too get disappointed when something I’ve worked really hard on doesn’t sell as expected… But I’m starting to learn not to fall in love too much with individual songs, and instead just move on and create the next one!

Like a (local) famous athlete once said:

“People always tell me I’m lucky, but it’s funny, because the harder I work, the luckier I am!”

MarioLucianAndreano
128 posts
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
MarioLucianAndreano says

I’m sure every top author’s way to the top is different, but I love the way pinkzebra has done it! Very inspiring!

Unless pinkz had a huge library of music already finished, I’m sure he treats AJ like any full-time job and is constantly writing new music, because you never know what will ultimately sell well.

It took him over 30 items to get the first real big seller, and almost 150 songs to get his BIG seller (In the Moment of Inspiration). That song was uploaded after almost a year on this site.

This proves the value of HARD, HARD WORK and not giving up. Some people are a bit lucky and sell well with only 15-30 songs, but why leave this in the hands of others? The best chances you have of success is by constantly writing, recording, and IMPROVING your skills and songs.

I’m partly speaking to myself here too :) – always a good reminder! I too get disappointed when something I’ve worked really hard on doesn’t sell as expected… But I’m starting to learn not to fall in love too much with individual songs, and instead just move on and create the next one!

Like a (local) famous athlete once said:

“People always tell me I’m lucky, but it’s funny, because the harder I work, the luckier I am!”

+1!
I never noticed Pinkzebra’s evolution on AJ…I’ve always seen him as a big VIP author with a huge amount of sales…interesting fact…
I used to look into the evolution of MusicPremium and MetroLight for example and they had a really big boom with one or two songs…hence my wish to do the same…but I guess that’s not the way to go…

I will try to stop falling in love like you said with any particular song…and keep writing…

All the best!

60 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
TrapezeArtiste says

Give it a chance it’s only been up two days! :-)

41 posts
  • Located in Italy
Marcozannone says

Don’t worry, I would wait at least another 2 weeks to judge its sales! And even then it will probably still sell when you least expect it!

MarioLucianAndreano
128 posts
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
MarioLucianAndreano says

:) ok…I’ll wait then…thanks for the feedback guys!

by
by
by
by
by
by