594 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
designcise says

Displaying follower list in the profile page is useless and misleading. Is there any other use on this other than making authors to try awkward things?
Like… this: http://themeforest.net/user/freshface
I always thought it was just http://graphicriver.net/user/ranfirefly. Ingenuity, eh? :D

SELF -PROMOTION!!!!! :D

edit: just realized its raincutter and ranfirefly :|

748 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
guitarjock says

Tim’s got a bunch of new followers now. I think this thread is self-promotion ;)
If I would have anticipated the results, I would have started the thread a long time ago! lol.

how am I not following you in the first place ;-)....

but Ive actually noticed this tread from some authors and it appears to be more of Audio Jungle than anything just follow people in hopes that they follow back…(i.e 90% of my followers are from audio jungle and have no idea why they follow me)

I follow authors from all of the communities. It is mainly because I buy from all of the communities and I like to follow those that I may want to purchase from later. Plus I like to think that one day I am going to become a multiple-marketplace author, so it’s good to know what everyone is up to.

7305 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

ok, I have an idea

what about making a script that makes automatically this follow and unfollow trick. Now before jumping to conclusion and morality lesson let me just say that if you manage to have a link to your profile on many other peoples profile pages, google may think you are awesome and you will get better exposure in google search results.

cheap, simple and brilliant.

what do you think? should I had better shut up and not tell everyone how to profit? :)

1869 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

...Later though it became a disappointment when he came to realize that it’s a boy with a girl avatar….

That’s why I check our profile regularly, to prevent such fraud o_O

3085 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Raincutter says

...Later though it became a disappointment when he came to realize that it’s a boy with a girl avatar….
That’s why I check our profile regularly, to prevent such fraud o_O

@Tsafi @freshface @ranfirefly: If you are looking at this then I must add. Ingenuity and… determination! :D

703 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+3 more
EliIsakov says

Lol…sad for new authors….I am a new author…but I only follow people I need to XD…or am friends with :D

227 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Alisiya says

I am a novice, and perhaps the author is still young, to give advice, but I believe that to solve this problem, you must show the total number “AUTHORS I FOLLOW ,” similar to “FOLLOWERS” Then everything will become clear … Thank you.

596 posts THINK DIFFERENT
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
Generator says

I’ve just had somebody stop following me…..i’m really upset now :(

Ya know. Me too. Upset is just the half of it :)

Other than that, is this an issue? This is ‘F1’ competitiveness … not hugely friendly nor welcome here.

22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
lexographics says

Doh! And there was me thinking that you followed an author if you liked their music and wanted to keep track of their new stuff. Didn’t know about the follow/unfollow trick. That must be why I’ve got all those followers, then. (All ten of them !) (Hey, you can follow / unfollow / re-follow / double follow / upside-down follow me anytime, guys… as long as y’all BUY something!!)
:winktongue:

P.S. – I thought I’d better un-follow Tim McMorris. He doesn’t need any of us new authors following him…

by
by
by
by
by
by