3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Even_Stevens says

I’m pretty new to wordpress, php, css….. pretty much anything that has to do with wordpress. I worked with basic html as a kid and never really got much further. I can make sense of some code but it’s mediocre at best. My boss wants me to learn Wordpress for the company so basically I started reading every tutorial I could find and then just today I bought a wordpress theme.

I’ve been able to setup my wordpress site and install my theme pretty quickly, but what I’m having trouble doing is setting up the more advanced things like the nivo slider and a portfolio. If anyone is willing to give me advice or tips I’d really appreciate it. I’m feeling pretty overwhelmed. It’s exciting to be learning Wordpress, but at the same time if you don’t have someone to teach you then you can’t learn it quickly…. not as quick as you’re supposed to anyway. Nivo slider tips would REALLY be helpful, I’ve watched several youtube videos and still can’t seem to get it. My current template is the spicy theme by e404. Thanks!

11 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Venezuela
th3minimalist says

hello good afternoon, I recommend the books wordpress essentials, wordpress tutorials and mastering wordpress of smashing magazine

438 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
christopherjon says

Take a step back, install the default Twenty Twelve theme that comes with WordPress and familiarize yourself with WordPress from the ground up. Get to know the core features and how to use them before jumping into the kooky world of premium themes.

9 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Dahz says

Vote for Twenty Twelve and coffee for your browsing partner at wptuts :)

by
by
by
by
by
by