• Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+1 more
survivor says

We have a detailed response in the works. Our Reviewers are not copyright police so these kinds of things will slip through, and it’s the reason we ask you to report them to Support rather than the forum.

Well, don’t understand it wrong, but I’m “only” a person who spotted some theft and tried to point the items and the user account fast, so staff can take care of it. Tell me who can unflag reported comments? As it seems this person didn’t even read it…

984 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+1 more
survivor says

Sorry MSFX , I clicked “report” button instead of “reply” :/

984 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+1 more
survivor says

Took me about 1 maybe 2 minutes to find the item you’re talking about, put it through google images and find tons of places it’s being sold, why can’t reviewers do it?
It’s a non exclusive account on Envato so it can be sold elsewhere. What they need to ascertain is if it’s the same person selling it on other sites.
You are right, it is nonexclusive account, but every item is from another user on the one marketplace.
and how can you be so sure it’s not the same user selling under different names on difference marketplaces?

If You read my first post, I’ve spotted this user because of his first file of Styles, which has been stolen from deviantart user. Other files are from different authors, but all of them from one marketplace.

Btw on what side are You? You should ask the thief to prove, that he made it and not me …

68 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
vazz says
survivor said You should ask the thief to prove, that he made it and not me …
Actually, no. In legal terms and generally speaking (I’m not judging who’s right or wrong here, it’s not my business), the burden of proof is on the claimer.
6765 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says

Actually, no. In legal terms and generally speaking (I’m not judging who’s right or wrong here, it’s not my business), the burden of proof is on the claimer.

yes, exactly

It shouldn’t even be the job of authors to police the marketplace. There should be dedicated staff for this called the Envato Sheriffs or something.

dedicated staff to copyright and piracy issues would be nice, better if he stay close to the community. it will have the help of all the authors around here.

3699 posts Community Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

Just to let you know, Survivor, whilst I did lock your thread and remove the link from public view, I did then forward over a link to the thread with your original comments to a member of the Support team.

Please don’t think your concerns have been blindly shot down and I’ve been trigger happy with the lock button :D

However as you know, those types of thread do need locking and links removing.

1373 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

Reply to doru’s last post:

I think its should be just elemental. If your business is the herd, you need a shepherd dog. If you put out grapes you need a scarecrow. I don’t even understand why it is a question…

984 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+1 more
survivor says

Just to let you know, Survivor, whilst I did lock your thread and remove the link from public view, I did then forward over a link to the thread with your original comments to a member of the Support team.

Please don’t think your concerns have been blindly shot down and I’ve been trigger happy with the lock button :D

However as you know, those types of thread do need locking and links removing.

I knew it will be locked immediatelly, but I thought this way it is the fastest way to inform staff about it. If You really forwarded it, than why it is still online and selling? I’ve provided all the links to original files in comments to all of his files.

3150 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

yes, exactly

It shouldn’t even be the job of authors to police the marketplace. There should be dedicated staff for this called the Envato Sheriffs or something.
dedicated staff to copyright and piracy issues would be nice, better if he stay close to the community. it will have the help of all the authors around here.

This guy is close to the community. We should enlist his help as sheriff! 8-)

984 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+1 more
survivor says

You should ask the thief to prove, that he made it and not me …

Don’t take this the wrong way but you are using a cookie texture in your christmas styles that has no commercial use license.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120618211312/chocolate/images/a/ab/Chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg ;)

The picture You are refering to has been submitted in june 2012.

I’ve already told You (1 year ago) that it has been bought or downloaded with propper licence or with author permission. I’ve several folders with graphics I bought or downloaded which can be used in commercial files, but this folder with foods is almost 2-3 years old, so I can’t remember the link.

by
by
by
by
by
by