832 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
+7 more
wpbakery says

1) mandatory feedback for a bad rating

2) showing exactly how many of each rating the item has (3 1-star ratings, 500 5-star ratings etc.)

But when?

- Chris

It’s in the pipeline.

368 posts Design Innovation
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
designova says

Rating system should be removed. A new system – on which users can click a button to RECOMMEND the item – will be better.

No more 1,2,3 star stuffs. Just a single option to RECOMMEND a theme if they like. Obviously there will not be any NEGATIVE action. That’s all.

357 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

Rating system should be removed. A new system – on which users can click a button to RECOMMEND the item – will be better. No more 1,2,3 star stuffs. Just a single option to RECOMMEND a theme if they like. Obviously there will not be any NEGATIVE action. That’s all.
Sorry but I have to disagree with your idea. If there’s only a ‘Recommend’ button (just like FB’s ‘Like’), new authors wouldn’t have any chance of having any of their items being ‘recommended’ because they have not even built up a customer base to compete with items released by Elite authors. This will just end up like ‘Popular Items’ – volume says it all.

I still think the suggestion of mandatory feedback for low ratings is better.

332 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Last night I shortlisted about 10 themes from the Corporate category for a client and didn’t look at any with 3 stars, I clicked on all that were 4 stars and above. I just can’t take the chance when I have to deliver a site to a client. I’m sure I passed on many great themes.

5557 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

I agree. We need an overall better ratings system. The current system is just a temporary measure while we get something better on the books. Thanks for patience with this. I know it sucks to suffer through the limitations of the current system.

157 posts (-_(-_-(-_-)-_-)_-)
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Skywarrior says

I agree. We need an overall better ratings system. The current system is just a temporary measure while we get something better on the books. Thanks for patience with this. I know it sucks to suffer through the limitations of the current system.

Good to hear that but we have been having this issue for a while. Is it going to be actually fixed any time soon or we are just going to keep talking about it without taking action?

PS: Sorry I don’t want to sound like a douche, just wondering if something is gonna be done sometime soon :)

9 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
PixelMoxie says

I have to agree with most of the above. I only have two items on the Tumblr category, so they don’t get as many downloads as WordPress themes do, but one of my items already went from five to four stars.

It was a sour morning the one I woke up to see that four star rating. I’ve been helpful to everyone who contacted me for support, and even performed some light customization jobs at no extra charge.

I think buyers should be required to write a reason or small review when rating items four stars or less. If anyone thinks the item is less than perfect, I’d like to know what I can do to improve it.

1525 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

We actually got a direct threat if do not help him with adding some additional stuff, this person stated that our rate and comments will directly depend on this issue lol

203 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
ikaruna says

of course u’re not happy, lets not forget that other authors buy/rate your file, if it threatens their popular week file, we have received a 1 star within first 3 days after publish without any complains or any comments, yes i’m 99.9% sure who did it.

jayc

296 posts
crossroad says

of course u’re not happy, lets not forget that other authors buy/rate your file, if it threatens their popular week file, we have received a 1 star within first 3 days after publish without any complains or any comments, yes i’m 99.9% sure who did it. jayc

...or you’re just being negative and just assuming this?

by
by
by
by
by
by