451 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

Transparency 3: Every rating requires a short review in order to justify it. There will be less ratings, but at least they will be accurate.

Yes, this is being considered.

451 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

Either introduce reputation, allow author to dispute bad ratings or get rid of the whole star thing and replace with a like system.

Yes, yes, yes and yes. All this is being considered. I’m curious what others think of “Like”. We can continue adding features onto the existing rating system, building and tuning something with increasing complexity, or we can start with a blank canvas and consider something far simpler (whilst trying to avoid the problems we have with the existing “simple” system).

Any other authors want to chime in on this?

1400 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

Like system sounds cool.

Instead of measuring the negativity, let’s measure the positivity instead :)

3117 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

I think the like system is a bad idea

having a system similar to amazon’s I think would be more ideal, it would allow buyers to write review based on why they think it deserves X stars, but not only that it allows potential buyers to read why it was give a low(or high) rating

I think another area to focus is encourage/reminding users to rate an item either with a follow up email or a notice in the user dashboard

451 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

Hi folks, the rating system needs work, completely agreed. I’ve been listening, we will improve it. The more interesting question is “when?”. I’d love to give you an exact date, but I’ll only do that when I can be certain.
can you tell us what are you (dev team) doing meanwhile?
hilarious :))))))))))
Is not my intention to make fun. I’m just curios. Last year there was a thread explaining what the development team is working on and what are the plans for the next 6 or so months. they also said they will keep us informed periodically but looks like that that plan had been scraped.

This is a fair criticism. We’ll do better. In terms of our main focus, we’re still working on what we said we were working on (Item Support), but that’s a poor excuse for not going into more detail more often.

266 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
Vasterad says

So, the main question now is when? :P

451 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

So, the main question now is when? :P

When will we start ratings? As stated above, I want Ratings to follow the current work in progress. As soon as I know for sure (when we actually start it), I’ll let the community know.

When will we update the community on our progress? I’ll do my best to make it happen this week.

1989 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
+4 more
bitfade says

Yes, yes, yes and yes. All this is being considered. I’m curious what others think of “Like”. We can continue adding features onto the existing rating system, building and tuning something with increasing complexity, or we can start with a blank canvas and consider something far simpler (whilst trying to avoid the problems we have with the existing “simple” system).
Frankly ? Go for a like system. Not because better but, as you mentioned, it will be a lot simpler to implement and maybe we’ll have a chance to finally get rid of one of the most hated functions of envato marketplaces.
266 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
Vasterad says

We hold you to his word. :)

161 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
themebros says

Like system is not a good system. Both positive and negative feedback should be allowed.

Keep the star rating but add a required field for a textual review.

by
by
by
by
by
by