303 posts
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
ignitethemes says

+1 to the Like system. Simpler is better.

161 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
themebros says

+1 to the Like system. Simpler is better.

Useful is more important then simple.

The item comments are simple, so why do we all want it to be improved with a search feature.

2010 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

Like system is not a good system. Both positive and negative feedback should be allowed. Keep the star rating but add a required field for a textual review.
We have item comments for that already. A textual review added to a 1 star would be useless without being able to dispute the rating with support.

But that’s going to take ages, require additional staff work and, most likely, never be implemented for these reasons.

161 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
themebros says

They just rate it 1 star and go on. If a textual review was required they’ll need to explain why they’re rating it with 1 star and of course we should be able to reply.

I doesn’t have to take ages, Envato is not a few developers team. There are a lot of improvements to be made and i would prefer if they were all made properly.

We were asking for improvements for 2 years, now when they are going to make them let’s not agree with simplified versions of those improvements.

5387 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

If the starts get replaced with a simple “like” button I’m all for that (as long as there isn’t a “thumbs down” button).

Unhappy buyers will still leave a bad comment, but at least then we have the chance to respond and discuss the situation publicly, and this provides useful information to other potential buyers. But when a bad rating is given, because no discussion takes place there’s really nothing productive that comes out of it.

2010 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

We were asking for improvements for 2 years, now when they are going to make them let’s not agree with simplified versions of those improvements.
the simpler the solution, the faster it will replace the current rating system. A like system would do it and that’s enough to me.
535 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

the simpler the solution, the faster it will replace the current rating system

Exactly — there’s always trade-offs. The faster we address Ratings, the faster we get to the projects that follow. I’m not deliberately looking for a simpler solution in order to avoid a pile of features & changes, but I do think it needs to be considered.

3328 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

Exactly — there’s always trade-offs. The faster we address Ratings, the faster we get to the projects that follow. I’m not deliberately looking for a simpler solution in order to avoid a pile of features & changes, but I do think it needs to be considered.

can someone tell me how a like system is an improvement from the current one?

honestly you might as well remove it all together if all your going to add is a like system

It provides no way of negative or objective feedback from buyers, its either they like it or they dont, and if they dont they have 1 options and thats to leave a comment which will get lost in the sea of GLWS and support questions

Just because its simple to implement doesn’t mean its an improvement for the users. Authors are crying because they dont have feedback for bad ratings, a like system isn’t going to change that. Actually they probably wont get any feedback if someone doesn’t like the theme(or the theme is broke)

161 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
themebros says

^ +1000

1495 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
OriginalEXE says

can someone tell me how a like system is an improvement from the current one?

honestly you might as well remove it all together if all your going to add is a like system

It provides no way of negative or objective feedback from buyers, its either they like it or they dont, and if they dont they have 1 options and thats to leave a comment which will get lost in the sea of GLWS and support questions

Just because its simple to implement doesn’t mean its an improvement for the users. Authors are crying because they dont have feedback for bad ratings, a like system isn’t going to change that. Actually they probably wont get any feedback if someone doesn’t like the theme(or the theme is broke)

What we are trying to prevent here and the reason this thread exists is we get no feedback from our buyers when they give us a 1 star rating. Also, there is no way for author to explain himself.

If we would introduce the like system, those that rate items 1 star just because it did not fulfill their dreams with features that were not even advertised, will be beatne. They will probably rant in the comments section, authors will get a chance to explain and that’s that.

by
by
by
by
by
by