3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
aimeekade says

I’ve been reading the posts and everyone sounds so knowledgeable! Sorry if my post is very trivial or basic …

This site is so cool and the designs are amazing! I’m trying to teach myself how to put up a website. So, with my mom’s help, I purchased a theme and downloaded it. Now, I’ve read the Help file that came with it, but how do I set it up correctly? I know how to get into each of the pages and make minor changes, but I’m sure I’m not using this right.

Some guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Danie

831 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
tigerlabs says

Why not contact the author of the theme? :)

I’m sure they will help you get it setup.

Welcome to the marketplaces.

123 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
adam_robinson says

do you mean you are unsure about how to get it on the internet? You will need a web host to get the site online.

3 posts
  • United States
aimeekade says

Thank you for your replies …

I know how to get the site online, my mom’s going to let me use her hosting account so i can learn.

I’m just not sure I’m using the templates correctly.

I have them installed on the computer, and I’m using my mom’s Dreamweaver software. Do I edit each of the pages separately? And how do I make the Blog part work so that I’m not adding each entry manually? Am I supposed to use these templates with another type of software or something?

1039 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says

I’m guessing you bought an HTML template…sounds like you should have gotten a Wordpress one. With the HTML template you’ll have to manually edit it (in your case with Dreamweaver) unless you integrate a CMS .

118 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
LegitDesigns says

Hey man!

I remember being in the place you were a longggg time ago. I’ve came a long way and now I’m trying to get my own designs listed here at ThemeForest.

But yes, it looks like you’ve bought a “template” rather then a wordpress theme. The difference is that a wordpress theme you can edit the whole thing basically all from one location called the Admin-Cp. (Control Panel.) From there you can edit categories, pages, posts, users, ads, links and much much more.

If you were looking to make a Blog. Then I suggest you try getting a Wordpress. It is free, and there are tons of free themes out there. Or possibly, the author has a coded version of it also for wordpress. Anyway, www.wordpress.org is where you can download the software for wordpress and you’ll need to upload it to the server and configure the databases so that every post, page, cateogry and everything can be easily managed throughout the software (All explained on their website how to set it up).

Right now, using dreamweaver to edit pages is great WYSIWYG is the best way to manage content!, but if you’re looking to make new posts, pages etc daily then I strongly suggest you use Wordpress or another type of Blogging Script/Software.

I hope this helped! - LegitDesigns

62 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
bthanki says
Thank you for your replies …

I know how to get the site online, my mom’s going to let me use her hosting account so i can learn.

I’m just not sure I’m using the templates correctly.

I have them installed on the computer, and I’m using my mom’s Dreamweaver software. Do I edit each of the pages separately? And how do I make the Blog part work so that I’m not adding each entry manually? Am I supposed to use these templates with another type of software or something?

As some people have commented already, you have probably bought a HTML template.
You should of ideally purchased a Wordpress template but don’t fret there is things such as CushyCMS that can be easily implemented into your blog section.
Hope we have all helped ;)
3 posts
  • United States
aimeekade says

You guys are awesome! Thank you so much! I will try WordPress and CushyCMS to see how they work and hopefully I’ll have my first real website working :)

by
by
by
by
by
by