200 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Goldenbug says

In these days, I think a notebook is a “must”, so first: macbooc pro, and second: if you have enought money,the best kit: imac and macbook pro. I am one of those who choose iMac for performance issue. But currently I work with macbook pro. I think I will soon use both.

good luck for them!

266 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United States
DigitalHenry says
I own an iMac 27’, but now I prefer to get a Macbook pro…

I own the same. Super happy with it! I work from home so mobility isn’t an issue for me. That’s something to consider in your final decision.

397 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Monkify says

Personally I don’t think a notebook is a must, especially if you don’t travel a whole lot. I also find it hard to get significant work done on a small screen.. and if you’re on the move, you might not be sitting at a nice desk with a lot of room. So for that reason I’ve always been a fan of getting my work done at a station with a desktop.

If you’re on the move a lot, and are able to work while you’re on the move, then go for the Macbook. Otherwise I’d just get a new iMac.

342 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
reidknorr says
Personally I don’t think a notebook is a must, especially if you don’t travel a whole lot. I also find it hard to get significant work done on a small screen.. and if you’re on the move, you might not be sitting at a nice desk with a lot of room. So for that reason I’ve always been a fan of getting my work done at a station with a desktop. If you’re on the move a lot, and are able to work while you’re on the move, then go for the Macbook. Otherwise I’d just get a new iMac.

I would definitely have to agree with this. I have a Macbook Pro and an iMac. About 90% of my web work gets done on the iMac. It just seems much more comfortable. If I were you I would buy an iMac and then get a regular macbook or a macbook air for travel.

359 posts
  • Exclusive Author
jjjrmy says

Neither, buy a good laptop. Like a Toshiba or Asus.

2004 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says
Neither, buy a good laptop. Like a Toshiba or Asus.

Don’t be a fanboy or a haterboy.

397 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Monkify says
Personally I don’t think a notebook is a must, especially if you don’t travel a whole lot. I also find it hard to get significant work done on a small screen.. and if you’re on the move, you might not be sitting at a nice desk with a lot of room. So for that reason I’ve always been a fan of getting my work done at a station with a desktop. If you’re on the move a lot, and are able to work while you’re on the move, then go for the Macbook. Otherwise I’d just get a new iMac.
I would definitely have to agree with this. I have a Macbook Pro and an iMac. About 90% of my web work gets done on the iMac. It just seems much more comfortable. If I were you I would buy an iMac and then get a regular macbook or a macbook air for travel.

That’s what I’d like to do. I have an iMac now, but it’d be nice to have a Macbook in case I need to design while traveling. Sometimes clients are demanding. :P

1989 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • United States
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
Graphic-Studio says

Definitely the MBP .

Especially is you intend to do heavy processing.

It’ll run Final Cut Pro nicely, and it handles’ nicely too.

Get the Might Mouse, or super mouse….if you’re a Mouse person, a Wacom if a pen person.

303 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
ThemeGoods says

Thank you all for your opinion!

It turns out that my Mac’s back from the dead LOL so I think I can save some money now ;)

1141 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
KarmaThemes says
IF I could only choose 1 it would be the iMac, it is a pleasure doing everything with this machine!
+1 But I still love my MBP as well.
by
by
by
by
by
by