6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
KineticMix says

Hi Guys,

Basically I have a future possible photography client who is needing a new website created to show case there work.

I can create the actual site for them that is not the problem, but they do want to have the functionality to be able to upload photos and create albums on there site. This is where I am having the problems, I have never done anything like this before and was wondering if there is anyone out there thats knows of a CMS for images that will allow them to create albums and then populate these albums with photos that they like. Is there a fee CMS or paid CMS that can offer this functionality that I could include in my own site design ??

Or does anyone know of a script etc that could do this ??

Does flashden have anything like this that I could use ?? The person updating the website does not have flash and I would like something which is as simple to use as I can for updating the website etc.

204 posts Bold WordPress Theme Development
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
srhnbr says

How about using wordpress?

831 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
+7 more
wpbakery says
352 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
danharper says

WordPress would be great for this, and there are several great Photography templates for WP available here (like mixey’s) :)

6 posts
KineticMix says

Yeap I never really thought about using wordpress before so thanks for that bit of advice !!

Does anyone know though if there are like any flash templates etc that would offer the same functionality as wordpress does ? Or are there any other tools I could use to do the same ?

I am just keeping my options open but wordpress at the minute is top of the list !

Cheers

3 posts
Calabos says

You might want to have a look at SlideShowPro Director

6 posts
KineticMix says

I had already conisdered that ! But am I right in thinking that in order to user SlideShow Directory you need to have flash to be able to publish the .swf file ??

6 posts
KineticMix says

Bump

Any more ideas or feedback ?

3 posts
Calabos says
I had already conisdered that ! But am I right in thinking that in order to user SlideShow Directory you need to have flash to be able to publish the .swf file ??

There are two different products, Slideshowpro Director and Slideshowpro for Flash. The two work very well together but can work stand alone.

The Flash product works best when you have Adobe Flash, but again this isn’t required. With the purchase you get a ready to use swf which can be tweaked by editing the config files.

The end user wouldn’t have to worry about that, once you have set it up all they need to do is log into Director and add their images.

Also I believe Director can work with PHP , have a look at the FAQ it has some very good documentation.

6 posts
KineticMix says

Thanks Calabos have you used Slide Show Pro Director before in any projects ?

by
by
by
by
by
by