20 posts Elite Author
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
+8 more
TrueThemes says

Great article – thanks so much for sharing.

We personally use ImageOptim and TinyPNG.

Here’s from our experience:

TinyPNG saves heaps of filesize and is our first tool of choice. Sometimes however it “distorts” images so just be sure to compare the original and compressed versions. If the compressed version is A-OK then roll with it. (95% of the time it’s good to go)

When TinyPNG does indeed distort an image then we turn to ImageOptim. The filesize won’t be quite as small but you’ll still get some savings and the image is sure to be exact quality as the original.

Cheers :)

99 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
RandallKHarp says

Photoshop > Save for Web & Devices. Voila.

+1

51 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Indonesia
Dkasparov says

What a great articles… Many thanks..

1 post
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
rob5594 says

Hi , I am old school , very old school and I was cruising around this great resource to find a theme for myself, and the comment is so true, I did not even give the theme a chance if it did not load as fast as the other ones. I do want to say that you folks are really blessed with some incredible skills, really amazing! I do have a quick question though, how would I go about finding someone to create a little juke box icon, like the old Wurlitzer Bubbler 1015 ? I auction arcade games and pinball’s and think that would be cool, you probably would sell a ton of them to the other tourist like me to! And is there a place I can go on this site to find somebody to install and do a minimum amount of customization? Or is it better I find somebody who also lives in Huntington Beach? Thank You God Bless America

2128 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Graphic-Studio says

My Favorite is ImagOptim, for MAC, I haven’t tried any others, but I see a noticeable loading time decrease.

Very good! I’m happy with the results!

79 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
CleanAndSimple says

For .png I use TinyPNG and for .jpg , save for web & devices (Ctrl + Shift + Alt +S) in Photoshop .

... is there a place I can go on this site to find somebody to install and do a minimum amount of customization? ...
You could give a try to Microlancer , ask the author of the theme if he offers such services or start a new thread on Themeforest forum with your request .
:)
by
by
by
by
by
by