24 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
YgorDon says

Hey there,

very satisfied with Photodune, but I have a comment regarding image search. Is it possible you implement the possibility to search the image by file name, code?

The problem is, that it is very hard to find pictures again, once I saved them to my computer. Example. I am making a website design, and I look for a bunch of mockup pictures to use with it. Client approves it, but it is a problem to find theese pictures again, since naming is not properly set. Author gives some random, not searcheable, name.

You probably know that, but at various other PhotoStock sites, I can simply paste the number code (filename) of the picture in the search field and image gets found.

It would be great to have this feature here. I use it a lot, and I bet lots of others do too.

Cheers!

2541 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
YgorDon said
Hey there,

very satisfied with Photodune, but I have a comment regarding image search. Is it possible you implement the possibility to search the image by file name, code?

The problem is, that it is very hard to find pictures again, once I saved them to my computer. Example. I am making a website design, and I look for a bunch of mockup pictures to use with it. Client approves it, but it is a problem to find theese pictures again, since naming is not properly set. Author gives some random, not searcheable, name.

You probably know that, but at various other PhotoStock sites, I can simply paste the number code (filename) of the picture in the search field and image gets found.

It would be great to have this feature here. I use it a lot, and I bet lots of others do too.

Cheers!
Hi YgorDon,

Very glad to hear you’re satisfied with PhotoDune! Thanks for taking the time to let us know your feedback and suggestions, we always appreciate that.

Just so I’m clear, can you clarify what you mean by searching the image by the “file name/code”? Do you mean searching it by the actual name of the individual image, ie foobarbaz8743.jpg?

24 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
YgorDon says

This would be a name of file, for example: “56347762.jpg”, and when this number was placed into search, image would pop up.

2541 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
YgorDon said
This would be a name of file, for example: “56347762.jpg”, and when this number was placed into search, image would pop up.

Thanks for clarifying, we do have something similar available that may be helpful.

Each file comes with a unique number in the URL , so for instance – http://photodune.net/item/a-stack-of-cheese/738795

If you searched “738795”, this would then pull up the image above. We definitely are working on improving our search though, so I appreciate the feedback regarding this! I’ve passed it along to the necessary staff. If you have any more suggestions or feedback don’t hesitate to contact us :)

Update – I’ve gotten word from the devs that this is indeed a planned feature, however, there is currently no timeline.

24 posts
+3 more
YgorDon says
Update – I’ve gotten word from the devs that this is indeed a planned feature, however, there is currently no timeline.

Thank you for all your responses. However in my personal opinion, this should be a TOP priority issue, it affects usability in a massive way.

by
by
by
by
by
by