Hi, as I can see many authors in their templates are using images that are not from asset library and those images looks like they are from stock.
Using those images is very popular in the About Me page, were nice women or a guy are captured. So my questions is… Did something changed? May I use images from stock?
I don’t see why not, as long as the owner gives you permission. Always check the license, if there is one.
- Envato Staff
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Beta Tester
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
You are allowed to use images from other sources but you must have a commercial distribution license for them. If you buy a stock image, you usually don’t have rights for commercial distribution and will need to either contact the author/photographer for authorization to be used as commercially distributed or you will need to buy the proper license which is usually more expensive.