there is only a non zipped html folderSounds like Charlie4282 is right and you have purchased the HTML version. MAybe check before calling people’s work crap.
As Cre8tiveCloud said sometimes it is down to a user error, lack of experiencee or misunderstanding.
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Community Moderator
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
- Referred more than 2000 users
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
Yes well I have used wordpress before you folks even existed so keep your comments to the fact you sell crap. I will reverse the Paypal payement, try being professional something you lack!!!
Hi there Antigua,
Sorry for your frustration, but please keep a few things in mind:
1. You’re not talking to anyone from Envato or the creator of the theme here – we’re all community members, just like you, and everyone here has tried to be helpful. No one here has a stake in the product you’ve purchased, or was involved in its development or distribution. No one here has received any money from you.
2. All ThemeForest products are tested prior to being released, so we know they can be installed. Other members here have already provided you helpful suggestions as to what is going wrong for you.
3. It sounds to me like you’ve probably purchased an HTML theme and not a WordPress template (there is a version for each for the item you’re referring to). HTML templates can’t be installed on WordPress. The WordPress theme costs $40 while the HTML template costs $15. Which have you purchased?
If you’ve purchased the wrong type of item, don’t worry – please contact Envato Support – they will likely be able to give you credit toward purchasing the right version.
If you wish to request a refund, you should still contact Envato Support rather than going through a PayPal Reversal. PayPal Reversals are a last resort only after you have pursued a resolution with both the author and Envato; and you haven’t done either of those yet. Don’t be so hasty to burn professional bridges when it sounds like this is a simple case of user error.
As you said, Envato and its authors absolutely have a responsibility to provide quality products, and we make every effort to do so; but you also have a responsibility as a customer to (1) make sure you’re purchasing the right product and (2) read the instructions.
We’re a very friendly community and happy to help, but please don’t make accusations, hurl insults, and refuse advice from community members who are only trying to assist you.