128 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
caneration says

Okay, good project always will sale but I think approving date affects sales. For example, if it was approved on friday, buyers are on holiday and on monday new approved projects are swapping that projects. What do you think? Uploading time affects the sales?

507 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
steve314 says

Sure, uploading time does affect early sales. But a good description and relative tags are more useful when first exposure ends…

483 posts
  • Won a competition
+4 more
NeuronFX says

I was wondering… I just had a file last week… and it got uploaded on friday… and was doing quite well in sales. It had around 11 sales by Sunday… the thing is… how does the weekly top sellers page work?

Because if it just resets on a Sunday… then if the file is uploaded any day after Sunday, you’re already at a loss. For example my file right now is at 18 sales… and those sales where made within a week, but they were made from friday to friday… not in the time frame where envato resets the week, i.e; from Sunday to Sunday, thus if the sales reset at every Sunday, this will only take into account the sales of that specific week, and won’t take into account the initial boost in sales that the front page may give…

Any idea how this work?

1560 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
AndrVlad says

Hi NeuronFX,

Weekly top works very simple and calculated from Monday through Sunday. From this point it’s good fortune when you have initial boost on the beginning of new week.

Uploading time is important but we never know review time, then description, title, references are much more important.

Best regards,

Andrey

128 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
caneration says

I was wondering… I just had a file last week… and it got uploaded on friday… and was doing quite well in sales. It had around 11 sales by Sunday… the thing is… how does the weekly top sellers page work?

Because if it just resets on a Sunday… then if the file is uploaded any day after Sunday, you’re already at a loss. For example my file right now is at 18 sales… and those sales where made within a week, but they were made from friday to friday… not in the time frame where envato resets the week, i.e; from Sunday to Sunday, thus if the sales reset at every Sunday, this will only take into account the sales of that specific week, and won’t take into account the initial boost in sales that the front page may give…

Any idea how this work?

Yes NeuronFX, I also wonder that problem. Popular files depends on Monday to Sunday sales.

It should depend of the number of sales in 7 days.

Current system affects sales negatively as you said. You have 18 sales but your file wouldn’t be in popular files because of monday to sunday counter system.

I think this is a problem. Because in the big project ocean, buyers firstly looking to popular files, and then some elite author files and then the other files (as I do while buying a project)

And I read some topics about that and I also tested; description does’nt effect searches. Tags are important but as a relevance search it brings titles firstly and than tags. And that forces authors to add long and nonsense words to titles like “Photo and Video Album Gallery”, “Slideshow and Photo Showcase” etc.

Theese are some problems that effects sales unjustly.

Best,

Caner

6 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
KostasG says

I think that a system that counts the sales that an item did in the last 7 days has to be updated on a daily basis to be accurate and just.

Instead, I’m thinking…

Now, there is a “Top Authors” category and just under, a “Top New Authors” category. I don’t know how difficult is, under the “Popular Items” category to be a “Popular New Items” one, which would include only the sales that items did in the first 2-3 weeks of their “life”, updated also on a weekly basis.

Of course there’s no need to include in the “Popular New Items” category the 50-60 bestsellers, 20-30 would be enough.

This way, no item could “live” in this category longer than three weeks, and items that have good sales in the beginning of their life, could gain some days more “in the spotlight”.

I’m kinda tired to see the same items being for months in the “Popular Items” category… not that they don’t deserve it, ok? :-)

1105 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

Not much, as far as my experience goes.

by
by
by
by