4392 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

I love the fact that a lot of new threads are appearing on the forums from staff, so everyone clearly sees what we’re writing here, but no one replies to our questions … :(

646 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
theAlThemist says

Can’t edit so reported the post.

There is no way to sign with both hands so Tweeted the open letter. Shared on Facebook.

+1000000000

7794 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

Hello,

I could not read all 600+ comments, I apologize if the following question has been previously posted.

After six months, a buyer who does not pay for support will be able to post comments for a specific item? (most of the comments are questions about the item and an author could not decline answer because the buyer simply did not pay for support, while others did).

Regards

details are not defined yet, but there is no logical reason why they should not be allowed to post a comment. actually, not allowing them to comment is very damaging

1359 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
ImanGM says

Hello,

I could not read all 600+ comments, I apologize if the following question has been previously posted.

After six months, a buyer who does not pay for support will be able to post comments for a specific item? (most of the comments are questions about the item and an author could not decline answer because the buyer simply did not pay for support, while others did).

Regards
details are not defined yet, but there is no logical reason why they should not be allowed to post a comment. actually, not allowing them to comment is very damaging

Hmm… What should we do with these situations after 6 month:

1. The user 6 months period is over and comments are disabled for him – He want so ask a pre-purchase question to get another license

2. The user 6 months period is over and comments are enabled and he asks for support. Should we reply back or not?

:stress:

1588 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

One more probably dumb question or better to say an option to exploit… i buy a theme and after 6 month my free support goes off and then i buy the same theme again what is gonna happen in that case? :) Which we can say that support has to be more then theme X 2 per year :) And with if then you have to buy support pack for each purchase or not? :)

646 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
theAlThemist says

One more probably dumb question or better to say an option to exploit… i buy a theme and after 6 month my free support goes off and then i buy the same theme again what is gonna happen in that case? :)

What do you mean “what is gonna happen”? It’s clear – you’re OWNED for 6 more months for a price you didn’t agreed for! :)

35 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+3 more
NORDiX says

I against the new Envato policy, however I think Envato will be okay even if most of solo authors will go away (which I don’t think so). The niche will be filled by authors with dedicated support staff.

Envato has to shift marketplace to the new level of quality due an obvious reasons and competitor marketplaces. Probably they prefer to see the teams instead of solo authors. Standards are higher and higher and not all authors will match new requirements.

Please remember all about money and no need to keep illusions about community and other naive dreams. Envato want money and today they have enough traffic (authority) to make rules they want. It was from the begin and it happens today. Nothing new.

I consider Envato’s plan as one of possible right directions, even I do not like it.

+1

702 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
Typps says

Hello,

Regards

Currently, users can keep asking for support even after the 6 months period as long as they have a purchased badge it’s all good.

I suppose not much will change from how things are running now but if we must speculate they might introduce more badges to indicate if users support has run out. In which case you tell them to get a support package, just as you would expect the user to have purchased the item when asking for help in your comments section.

35 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+3 more
NORDiX says

The sole concept of these marketplaces and it’s items is about to be changed in a way that doesn’t make sense and will create confusions.

Here’s a paragraph from the Envato Support Knowledgebase and here’s another article here with the current policy.

Whilst we do encourage authors to provide support for their products, they are under no obligation to do so, and this is entirely their choice. This is part of the reason why files on the marketplace are so cheap. Because of this we provide you with live, working examples that you can examine prior to purchase, you are also encouraged to ask questions before you buy the file. Even though not all authors provide Support, Envato requires that all items on our Marketplaces work 100% as described.

So, at least in my opinion, the fairest and decent solution would be only to provide premium support packs for $, but not oblige mandatory support to authors, and in a timeframe. The very purpose of the marketplace is distorted.

The fact i’m offering support no matter what, is how i want to market myself, but not because of any rule. Support is tough to be measured.

+1

4739 posts Interactive Design
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience says

One more probably dumb question or better to say an option to exploit… i buy a theme and after 6 month my free support goes off and then i buy the same theme again what is gonna happen in that case? :)
What do you mean “what is gonna happen”? It’s clear – you’re OWNED for 6 more months for a price you didn’t agreed for! :)

:D Yup Envato now owns us and rents out our time, so get back to work and don’t question it! :P

by
by
by
by
by
by