• Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
+4 more
Skellie says

Hey guys,

Since there are bound to be lots of questions about what kinds of tutorials we’ll be accepting to the marketplace, I’ve made this thread as a repository of guides for people who would like to become authors.

Type and Format of Tutorials

i.e. What format can tutorials be in? How should I prepare my tutorial for upload?

1. Tuts+ Marketplace Upload Instructions

What We’re Looking For

Quality guidelines coming soon!

303 posts Codestar
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+2 more
Codestar says

Thanks for informations Skellie, and you are welcome :)

443 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
vibes35 Reviewer says

Yes thanks for the info :)

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Mexico
WebScripts says

Thanks for the info!, I was waiting for it =D

I want to propose if you can add 1 more 3D Software in the 3D Graphics category please:

its called: “Autodesk Softimage”, I will make tutorials about it if you add it, please and Thanks!

72 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
ottonova says

I recently wrote an article for Vectortuts (How to Create a Professional Magazine Layout) that was recieved well. Therefore I’m planning to write a more extensive, in-depth article about magazine design, that’s gonna take a lot more time to write.

Should I submit my new tutorial here on the Marketplace first and then submit it to Vectortuts, or the other way around? If I submit it to Vectortuts first and they publish it in the regular, not-premium way I can’t sell it here anymore.

39 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
seanHodge says
I recently wrote an article for Vectortuts (How to Create a Professional Magazine Layout) that was received well. Therefore I’m planning to write a more extensive, in-depth article about magazine design, that’s gonna take a lot more time to write. Should I submit my new tutorial here on the Marketplace first and then submit it to Vectortuts, or the other way around? If I submit it to Vectortuts first and they publish it in the regular, not-premium way I can’t sell it here anymore.

Good job on the tutorial you wrote for Vectortuts+. People are certainly interested in learning about InDesign. Here are some answers to your questions:

• If material is published on our regular blog, then it is made freely available to everyone, and will not be sold on the Marketplace.
  • You’re welcome to pitch a concept to Vectortuts+ anytime, submission information.
  • If you want to pitch a Premium Vector tutorial to Vectortuts+ you can do so. The process often involves submitting final artwork for review, as well as a description of what the tutorial would cover. Follow the submission information link above. If your concept is accepted for a Premium tutorial, it would also be made available in the Tuts+ Marketplace for individual sale as well. There is however a limit of about 3 tutorials we accept there a month, so this is quite competitive to achieve. I also actively recruit for that material, so again it’s quite competitive.
  • If you submit a tutorial you’ve written up for review to the Tuts+ Marketplace, it will not be added to the Vector Premium program, and will only be made available for individual sales here.

Let me know if you have any other questions. It’s up to you, there are advantages to being accepted first in Vector Premium, but if you’re concept isn’t accepted there, it doesn’t mean your tutorial wouldn’t be accepted into the Tuts+ Marketplace, as we have no limit here on the number of high quality tutorials we can accept, whereas the Vector Premium program has a limited number of highly competitive publishing spots.

Good luck!

by
by
by
by
by
by