81 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
SmartConcept says

Hello, i’m currently developping a wordpress template, but i have a question, a lot of times i see others themeforest items, and often i see layerslider include -15$ in the template description , the layerslider is an item from a codecanion author, the thing is that i don’t understand why they can put this plugin into the template and sale it as a virtual stock. Is it possible? or you need a permission from the codecanion author of the plugin ?

2152 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Argentina
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
manuelvega says

consent of the author + extended license.

201 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
biyanpasau says

Hello, i’m currently developping a wordpress template, but i have a question, a lot of times i see others themeforest items, and often i see layerslider include -15$ in the template description , the layerslider is an item from a codecanion author, the thing is that i don’t understand why they can put this plugin into the template and sale it as a virtual stock. Is it possible? or you need a permission from the codecanion author of the plugin ?

:shocked: How didn’t you know about that, and why didn’t you search before asking this simple question? Many discussion about this topic has already been written :stress:

50 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Australia
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
blimpage Staff says

manuelvega is right – in most cases if you want to include (for example) a CodeCanyon plugin in a ThemeForest theme, you’ll need an Extended License for the plugin and specific permission from the plugin’s author.

There are a few exceptions though. They’re all covered in our licensing FAQ (aaaall the way down the bottom – see the question “Can I purchase an item to use as a small element within a larger project that I plan to sell as stock or a template? For example, could I purchase a button graphic for a theme I plan to sell?”).

As always if you need any more specific help, just contact Envato Support! :)

29 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
OhKube says

manuelvega is right – in most cases if you want to include (for example) a CodeCanyon plugin in a ThemeForest theme, you’ll need an Extended License for the plugin and specific permission from the plugin’s author.

There are a few exceptions though. They’re all covered in our licensing FAQ (aaaall the way down the bottom – see the question “Can I purchase an item to use as a small element within a larger project that I plan to sell as stock or a template? For example, could I purchase a button graphic for a theme I plan to sell?”).

As always if you need any more specific help, just contact Envato Support! :)

Helpful information and a very good answer :)

:shocked: How didn’t you know about that, and why didn’t you search before asking this simple question? Many discussion about this topic has already been written :stress:

Not helpful at all. In the time it took you to type that you could have directed him to the answer.

Why do people insist on always trying to be a mini mod? So sad.

201 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
biyanpasau says

I was not trying to be a mini mod and my direct answer was search before asking

Of course i could give him an answer but i didn’t find a good reason for that. Honestly, i’m not trying to help now but for the future in case that guy having another question he will put the “search” in his primary way to find answer.

Search form is not an accesories. Searching before asking is a good way to find a good answer quickly.

317 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Romania
QBKL says

Search form is not an accesories. Searching before asking is a good way to find a good answer quickly.

Not to play devil’s advocate, and I agree with what you’re saying that search is the first thing to try, but… the search on forums and on site (among themes) returns such irrelevant results sometimes that you give up. A couple of days back I tried searching for something that I knew existed in that long WP submission topic, not wanting to go through all those pages by hand. Ended up having to do just that because the search results were returning topics completely unrelated or similar discussions from 2-4 years ago. Just saying…

81 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
SmartConcept says

OK guys, thnxs for the answers :)

by
by
by
by