69 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
tips4design says

I want to start this discussion by saying that I created this thread just because I started to become frustrated while searching for an item to buy.

The problem now is that envato marketplaces, unlike other marketplaces online, does not offer enough filtering options.

To keep this comment short, here are my suggestions:
  1. Be able to choose a price range for you search
  2. Be able to specify a minimum number of sales/rating for the product

Some other filtering options might be included. For example, now in the search result for an item you see these characteristics: “Columns: 1, Compatible Browsers: IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Software Version: WordPress 3.8, WordPress 3.7, WordPress 3.6, WordPress 3.5, High Resolution: Yes, Widget Ready: Yes”. Being able to filter only the items that have some of this attributes via some easy-to-click checkboxes would really help.

And, a suggestion from the author point of view, when the buyer does not specify it directly you should always return for the search newly added items in order to promote them, not items that already have hundreads of sales and might actually be worse than a new one.

34 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
marketopia says

I want to start this discussion by saying that I created this thread just because I started to become frustrated while searching for an item to buy.

The problem now is that envato marketplaces, unlike other marketplaces online, does not offer enough filtering options.

To keep this comment short, here are my suggestions:
  1. Be able to choose a price range for you search
  2. Be able to specify a minimum number of sales/rating for the product

Some other filtering options might be included. For example, now in the search result for an item you see these characteristics: “Columns: 1, Compatible Browsers: IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Software Version: WordPress 3.8, WordPress 3.7, WordPress 3.6, WordPress 3.5, High Resolution: Yes, Widget Ready: Yes”. Being able to filter only the items that have some of this attributes via some easy-to-click checkboxes would really help.

And, a suggestion from the author point of view, when the buyer does not specify it directly you should always return for the search newly added items in order to promote them, not items that already have hundreads of sales and might actually be worse than a new one.

We have created an advanced search for you! :) Check it out.

Advanced Search for ThemeForest by Marketopia

Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook & Twitter for updates and new features ;)

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

@marketopia – although your efforts should be commended it really isn’t the correct answer to have to direct someone off the marketplaces for any reason, not the least just so that they can find files to actually buy!

It’s ridiculous to even think that, it’s a total embarrassment that buyers are here complaining and we still have useless search in place and it seems to be getting worse not better.

@tips4design – May I take this opportunity to apologize that you had to come here to state what others are also saying – I truly hope your experience becomes better quickly and I appreciate you hanging in there – nothing us authors can do unfortunately and we’re here voicing the same concerns!

Jonathan

by
by
by
by
by
by