629 posts
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
+9 more
Kriesi says

Hey, first of all I would like to congratulate the envato staff, the redesign is really nice! looks great so far and I already love some of the new features. (following ftw!)

While browsing through the new site some improvement ideas came to my mind which I wanted to share and I am pretty sure I am not the only one :) (btw didnt want to post in the “redesign bugs” thread since these ideas are not as urgent as some of the bugs, hope you guys are fine with that)

First thing that is a little bit anoying when browsing the site is when I hover over a main navigation item the hover state changes altough the item is actually not clickable. I am often waiting for the new page to load after clicking and then, after about 20 seconds, realize that I missed the link when clicking.

My second idea concerns the “Your recent comments” list at our personal dashboard. Allthough the feature is pretty neat it would be really great if I could respond directly to the comments without opening the actual item thread. would also be nice if we could filter out comments that already got answered (or at least mark them as answered)

Last but not least I would really love a FAQ page for each item, that I can update easily and point customers to.

To my mind these two improvements would really help creating a better support workflow

Other than that I am really happy with the new set of features, keep up the great work :D

Edit: just realized we got new smilies! Great stuff ;)

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says

+ 1 to the FAQ idea – it’s been floated around for a while now, it’s definitely time to add it to the updates roadmap.

My improvement idea is regarding the “Follow Me” functionality – I tried adding my own custom “Follow Me” buttons to each one of my products – it seems that everytime you press my custom button, it resets my followers count in the sidebar (but not in the footer). I’m sure I’m doing something that I’m not supposed to (or that developers never intended), but I’d like to see that kind of functionality.

Good post Kriesi :)

843 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
marcfolio says

I’m missing the “date added” note in a files details. Bring it back.

1579 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Hey guys, thanks for opening this thread, you can be sure we will be reading it very closely! The new design is a quite a big change from the old one, so consequently there’s going to be a lot of places we could improve it – whereas the old one had been streamlined over the years.

Anyhow great suggestions Kriesi!

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says

Another note – man there is a LOT to digest in this redesign. Overall, I think it’s awesome; I’m super eager to see how it plays out with sales… whether there’ll be a short-term bump in sales due to a traffic boost from the redesign, or if there’ll be a sales-decline as buyers get comfortable with the new look & feel. So far I’ve sold a few items, feels about normal for a Sunday night.

Good work Envato team!

93 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Alexhughes says

First off I think it’s great… it’s hell of a difference but still holds the same “envato marketplace” feel. However contradicting that maybe.

My idea is not really my idea as i am 100% sure it has been suggested pre-launch and that is the recently updated section. Allot of authors work hard providing updates to their existing files, I think this would be a great addition to the “Recent” section of the home page. Hopefully with the previous tabbing effect.

:)

374 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
_rohan says

Hey,

My suggestions:

1.The homepage should have a tabbed system where you can view popular items without navigating to a new page.
2.The entire site should be made easier to navigate
3.Lots of pages(eg Popular items) have too many things going on..is tough to focus :P
4.Followers count seem to be dipping :P. I became a fan of Epicera at 20 followers, then it became 8, now its 4..LOL.

342 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
reidknorr says

definitely want the tabbed area back! the popular files section is somewhat lost…

318 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
imaginem says

Certainly the new design needs getting used to – it’s way more usable and interesting than the old design for me.

I think having a new page for the Popular items as now is better than the tabbed as more items are in focus for the buyers.

My suggestions

1. 3 row (30 item) Recent list on the Main page.

Superb work Envato – very excited on the new features and concept.

6025 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says

Possible improvements on item description page:

1. Moving the “Item Attributes” above the “File Types Included” area so that user doesn’t needs to move eyeballs too much.
2. Near the item comments, there is a huge space in the rightside due to the empty column. The comments can be extended all over the rightside to reduce the page height. Or atleast reduce the width of “Related Collections”. Especially this will avoid horizontal scroll bar while typing code.
3. Width of the rightside column can be reduced (by 40-50 px) so that the description area gets more space to display. Now it is very narrow.

by
by
by
by
by
by