5 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
DragonLady says

Hi guys, First to say that I am a new member and very glad to be here. But, my first experience is not going too well. On with my issue, hoping to get it cleared up, any advise and help appreciated (I’ not placing this in the item discussion forum since the issue is not the actual design, hopefully I’m not wrong. If I am, mod, feel free to move this thead – and I apologize in advance for the inconvenience). So, I just submitted my first file for review a few days ago. The file is a graph millimeter paper, so I submitted the file in the graphics category (I made sure to check first other similar files to see where it is best to be submitted , found some in the graphics category but each one in differed sub-category). Anyway I uploaded it in graphics. 4 days ago I got a rejection email, on the basis that the file didn’t belong into graphics, that it’s more suitable for the design templates category and as PatrikL advised me, “This file would be better suited to the [Design Templates] category. Please read the category upload instructions and resubmit this file using the [Design Templates] upload form. Thanks!” To be honest, the design templates is the one category that I’d never think that this file is suitable for, but anyway I thought, reviewers are reviewers and I guess that’s the way it goes, they know what they’re talking about. So I of course followed the instruction. Today i got my second rejection email, this time from ArikB, explaining to me why this item doesn’t belong to the design templates category. Honestly, his points are all valid and like I said I already didn’t think the design category made sense, but alas, following reviewer’s instructions. ArikB this time advised me to re-submit it in the add-ons category. Both very polite and kind in their replies, but guys, I’m thinking there’s a joke in there somewhere and I’m failing to see it LOL . The inconsistency is making me bit dizzy to say the least, you know? Shouldn’t there be one common knowledge and line between reviewers, about what belongs where? One says not in graphics, put it in design templates. I do so, and the second says not in design templates, put it in add-ons. I’m sure there are items that are a bit controversial as to where they belong, but if a reviewer can’t know for sure, who does? You probably get that I’m now wondering if I submit it for the third time into add-ons and the item falls again to a different reviewer who tells me ‘not in add-ons, put it in ..blah blah”. Is it possible to get a definite advice about which category I should submit this in, so I won’t possibly keep going back and forth? This whole thing has been is a little disarranging about the process and we’re not even talking about a design issue, talk about a wrong start. Any help appreciated, sorry for the big post guys :)

1113 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bangladesh
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
WonderArt says

:o OMG !!!! I not seen any b b bbbig massage before. .. okay … I guess you want to say a lot … that’s good ;) Welcome to GR :)

okay friend … you made a graph millimeter paper …okay …now you have to decide about the use of your file … how buyers use it …... normally reviewer says right … because your file has many possibilities…but problem …possibilities are not in same category … first reviewer is right in his place … I think he thought this is for printing … for that he said that …another reviewer (he is also right) said that because i think it can be use as a pattern type or texture …. (may be I am wrong) ... so it will go in ADD -ons … so you should better tell the uses of your file in the massage for reviewers …... Hope that help … :)

NechitaPaulFlavius
NechitaPaulFlavius Recent Posts Threads Started
311 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+2 more
NechitaPaulFlavius says

Well I don’t know the correct category for your item, but graphics/backgrounds sounds like the one for me, or textures if it’s a scan of a real graph millimeter paper. Anyway “nice” football match and good luck with the item.

2201 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
ArikB says

Our fault, sorting it and I’ll get back to you asap.

2201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
ArikB says

Submit it to add-ons.

2213 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+4 more
crozer says

By the way, for the sake of our eyes, your time and a higher chance of getting any responses, use paragraphs :)

Thank you.

5 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
DragonLady says

Ok, ArikB thank you for your help and your quick reply, I will put it on add-ons.

Crozer sorry about that, but I think that the system here works a bit differently than I am used to on other forums. So it will take me a bit to get used to it. I thought I left spaces between paragraphs but obviously it didn’t work. Thanks for your advice though. :)

396 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
aRtlessX says

May I take the chance and hi-jack DragonLady’s thread (welcome btw :D ) for a bit, to ask why the html indeed works differently here than what I’m also used to on other forums? I always wondered about that (and I obviously don’t know much about html, heh). It’s true that I’m also not used to it and I’ve also encountered the case where I leave spaces between paragraphs and it doesn’t get separated unless I leave double space. Or what happened to good old ([b]) ([/b]) for bold text instead of asterisks etc and so on? Just curious what the main difference is in the way this coding (is it coding?—I surely don’t know what I’m talking about LOL ) works :)

2213 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
crozer says
Ok, ArikB thank you for your help and your quick reply, I will put it on add-ons. Crozer sorry about that, but I think that the system here works a bit differently than I am used to on other forums. So it will take me a bit to get used to it. I thought I left spaces between paragraphs but obviously it didn’t work. Thanks for your advice though. :)

Yeah I know. HTML does not recognize blank line-dividing spaces, rather

for spaces in general, and
<br />
if you decide to jump one or more lines.

Good luck and welcome.
Chris :)

PS. My message was formatted like this:
(...) if you decide to jump one or more lines.

Good luck and welcome.<br />
Chris :)
3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
By the way, for the sake of our eyes, your time and a higher chance of getting any responses, use paragraphs :) Thank you.

this is how we usually welcome people around here…by being mean to eachother.

by
by
by
by
by
by