• Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
ShinfoKensei says

I sent in a support ticket, it goes as follows:

“Hello,

Today I received an email with the title, “Your uploaded item Shinfo Super Hero Text Style Pack 1 rejected”.

The reason given, was that it doesn’t “meet our current minimum technical quality requirements for the category it was submitted to”.

I do find this odd. And this is why; Three days ago, a similar project of mine was approved, titled “Shinfo Style Pack 1”. This style pack is similar to #1, but very much unique from each other. This style pack was accidentally “Add-ons \ Photoshop \ Actions \ Text Effects” and was approved for sale. Obviously not the right place for it, my mistake, and yet ConstantinPotorac still approved it.

Okay, so back to the Super Hero stylepack. For the most part I was careful not to put the actual names of the comic book characters each style was modeled after in the preview image, but seemed to have been a bit lazy with the last two. Either way, this was not accepted when submitted to the “Add-ons \ Photoshop \ Styles \ Text Effects” section.

The email was not clear on why this item was rejected and I would like some feedback so I can rectify my errors and resubmit.

Thank you.”

The packs in question are a) The submitted pack and b) the rejected pack.

[text removed]

“Hi there,

You say that your first style pack was approved but this one not. Well why do you think that happened. That off course is because the first pack is more unique than the one we just rejected. The style quality is not only similar to files we already have in the marketplace but the style itself is not that unique and quality is not that high.

This is the reason your file got rejected and the first one did not.

Thank you for your co-operation.”

While I agree, the styles are similar… the outcome is far different.

[text removed]

35 posts
  • Canada
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
pixelsnow says

113 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
DesignDeposit says

I don’t believe the file was rejected because it is too similar to your previous file, it’s just that it’s similar to other files on the marketplace as a whole. Obviously if it is similar to other files on the marketplace then it is not unique and therefore you need some way to differentiate your file either through exceptional quality or other methods.

Your previous item is irrelevant in this situation.

24 posts
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
ShinfoKensei says

“This forum message has been flagged as inappropriate, and will have to be reviewed by one of our staff. Sorry for any inconvenience.”

Pathetic. Cover up much.

ConstantinPotorac
ConstantinPotorac Recent Posts
Threads Started
645 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+7 more
ConstantinPotorac Reviewer says

@ShinfoKensei You can create post like this if you say it in a smart way and not intending to attack someone or the Envato team.

Think before you say ;)

4605 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+6 more
KingDog Staff says

“This forum message has been flagged as inappropriate, and will have to be reviewed by one of our staff. Sorry for any inconvenience.” Pathetic. Cover up much.

The reason the the post was hidden was because of the forum rules on calling out authors or reviewers on the forum. Please contact Support if you have any concerns with your file review, don’t post it on the public forums.

I’m going to remove the names, links and lock the post.

by
by
by
by
by
by