• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
Zeisla says

Hi guys, I sent an e-mail to the Envato staff and I would really appreciate your thoughts/support on the matter.

“To whom it may concern,

I write to you as one of the authors of your market place with a concern about the inconsistency with the product prices, specifically within the area of mock-ups. The problem lies in the fact that the prices can significantly differ even though the items being sold are almost, if not completely, identical. I can only assume that some of the reviewers are simply not experienced enough to correctly price the item, making the whole process seem rather unprofessional – the price of your item will depend on how lucky you get, that is, whether the reviewer that is determining your price is skilled enough to do so accurately and in consistency with the rest of the similar quality items on the market.

To begin with, this price-determining concern originally began when the “Crew Neck T-Shirt Mock-Up” of which I am the author was given the original price of 4$, even though the items that were in the same category and price range were far less complex and had only one or two images, in contrast with the nine images my item offered. After contacting the support, the price was eventually changed – that is, almost doubled from 4$ to 7$, of which I am of course grateful. The said “Crew Neck T-Shirt Mock-Up” can be found here:

http://graphicriver.net/item/crew-neck-tshirt-mockup/2703181?WT.ac=portfolio&WT.seg_1=portfolio&WT.z_author=Zeisla

However, the problem persists even today. The following example is the reason why in the end I decided to voice my concern. It is a “Picture / Poster Frame Mock-Up” of which I am the author that is even now priced too low in comparison to the similar items in its category even though it has a higher standard of complexity and features, an inconvenience that I hope will be tackled. “Picture / Poster Frame Mock-Up” can be found here:

http://graphicriver.net/item/picture-poster-frame-mockup/3377833?WT.ac=category_thumb&WT.seg_1=category_thumb&WT.z_author=Zeisla

To further exemplify my concerns, you can also take a look at two of my items that are similar in nature but whose prices are once again drastically different. The two items can be found via the following links:

http://graphicriver.net/item/square-brochure-booklet-catalog-mockup/3019036?WT.ac=portfolio&WT.seg_1=portfolio&WT.z_author=Zeisla http://graphicriver.net/item/brochure-booklet-catalog-mockup/2616490?WT.ac=portfolio&WT.seg_1=portfolio&WT.z_author=Zeisla

As you can see, the prices of the items are 4$ and 11$ respectively, even though they are similar in complexity, number of images and design.

The list of examples can go on, and these are only the ones concerning my items. You can imagine the effect this type of problem can have on the authors – taking aside the financial losses, it also discourages them from creating more complex items and makes them question the quality of the market. As one of those authors, I have no choice left but to hope this message brings attention of the Envato’s stuff to the problem and that it will be addressed as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your time”

809 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
YD-LABS says

+1 Yes pricing are going down.. :(

684 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Indonesia
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Gembell says

+2

207 posts Make art not war!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Honduras
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+6 more
EAMejia says

Totally agree Zeisla, the same issue here, waiting for a response to my ticket.

170 posts You imagine... We Design!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
BaGeRa says

Yes Zeisla there are no alignment in the prices, and it so different between reviewers in the same product section. we hope to found a solution to this problem ;)

637 posts SickFlyers.com
  • Elite Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
+7 more
INDUSTRYKIDZ says

+3

882 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Superstar
  • South Africa
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
joiaco says

I have also noticed the inconsistency. I was hoping that my most recent packaging template would sell twice as fast because it is half the price of everything else for at least an equal amount of work and creativity! Unfortunately not the case.

Maybe we will get an answer here on the Forum. Please?

1253 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
harmonikas996 says

+4 you have my full support!

Not fair pricing! Excellent items have price 4-6$, some craps have 8-12$. Excellent items selling 100-200-1k times, craps 5-10 times.

1095 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
+7 more
ranfirefly says

+1
Totally agree, It’s ridiculous.

221 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
JRChild says

I have an item that is quite similar to another on GR (I didn’t realise until after I’d designed it – honest!). mine is $4 and the other is only $3. Consequently the other will always sell more than mine. So larger prices are not always a good thing!

by
by
by
by
by
by