48 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+2 more
senorthemes says

Just wondering if other authors are experiencing the same issue I’m having. Recently I’ve been having buyers tell me that my themes don’t come with sample data file, docs, etc…I’ve checked and I am indeed including these in the theme package download.

Since this was never an issue before I looked into how they’re downloading the theme and I now notice that in addition to the “All files & documentation” option there is now a new option, “Installable Wordpress file only”.

So, I’m finding that some buyers are using the “Installable Wordpress file only” option instead of “All files & documentation” and this has resulted in an increase in support questions I’m handling because buyers don’t see the docs or demo data they need to get started.

Is this a new and recent update? Maybe it’s old and I’m just noticing it now but I’m more convinced that it’s new because of the same questions coming in at about the same time.

Perhaps it’s just me but when is giving buyers the option to download just the installable theme file which includes no docs, demo data, etc…a good thing?

Thoughts!

1611 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

Hi senorThemes,
Actually that option was added to decrease confusions. :)

48 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+2 more
senorthemes says

Hi senorThemes,
actually that option was added to decrease confusions. :)

I was thinking the same thing too but you can see how inadvertently this causes confusion and problems of other kinds. Buyers download just the Installable Wordpress file only and then they open up a support ticket because there’s no docs, no demo data, no direction, etc…I’m almost inclined to add links to online docs directly within wp-admin to avoid this. I know some authors already do this.

by
by
by
by
by
by