2216 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

Now that we have seen the price raise at audiojungle, many videohive authors are hoping to get some higher prices, too. And it is about time!

If we will see a raise in the near future does only envato know, but what do you think about it? I know this has been discussed many times before but now with the recent increase at audiojungle we can watch if the only argument against higher prices actually holds up: that sales go down.

Until now there is no such behaviour recognizable, but let’s see what will happen in the next days.

745 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
GrizzleFX says

I agree, I don’t think authors should have to add multiple ‘versions’ to a logo template to get an $8 price tag.

619 posts
+6 more
uniquefx says

I would love to see a price increase.

752 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Hungary
+2 more
aron66 says

I dont think this will affect the sales. Authors would be much more motivated in creating videos, and buyers much more statisfied with the result.

Also I dont think its fair to give a $20 price tag to an old video like this: http://videohive.net/item/motion-package-ae-cs3/17854

And most of the newest videos got $8-$15 tag. Wow.. So envato, please do something to us! We wanna see some changes(in prices of course.)!

2351 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

+1 for price increase! It’s about time ;)

410 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
GhosTeam says

If the increase will be methodical it won’t decrease sales at all …
If a buyer needs a project, he will purchase it weather it’s 12$ or 15$, assuming all prices go up equally.
Also, higher prices will raise the value of this market. Prices go up everywhere, in any type of business, all around the world: if it’s a meal in a fast-food chain, an online service or a bus-ride. The only difference here is as time goes by – the quality of what you buy rises up !!!

482 posts
  • Won a competition
+4 more
NeuronFX says

Wordpress prices has been increase quite a lot… and if you see the sales on the popular items… well they more than doubled! Before the price change the top item was selling at 250 sales per week, now the top item is at more than 800 sales…

So, I don’t really think it will effect our sales as long as there is demand, and from what I’m seeing… demand is always increasing for after effects, especially after adobe’s release of the cloud last year… (although authors and items are always increasing as well).

So I think there could be a price change… maybe not as high as wordpress… but fairer prices will be always nice for authors. While buyers will be getting quality items, since the quality here is increasing quite rapidly…

128 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
caneration says

Also I dont think its fair to give a $20 price tag to an old video like this: http://videohive.net/item/motion-package-ae-cs3/17854

One comment on this project made me smile. Look;

5 years ago Flag

Wow thats what im looking for!!!

Now i must search for money ;)

hahah :D He is looking for money for 20 dollars. Was here any economic crisis in Germany 5 years ago :D

5109 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

higher prices will raise the value of this market.

+1

It’s about time prices went up. There’s more to life than just being cheap. I doubt it will affect sales.

Videohive is the biggest and the best. Time to flex that muscle a bit and do what’s right for authors and buyers alike.

410 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
GhosTeam says

higher prices will raise the value of this market.

+1

It’s about time prices went up. There’s more to life than just being cheap. I doubt it will affect sales.

Videohive is the biggest and the best. Time to flex that muscle a bit and do what’s right for authors and buyers alike.

The real question is how we – authors, get this wish to come true….it’s not Christmas yet :P , and we have no idea what’s going on in VH staff meetings….

by
by
by
by
by
by