• Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
dorde says

I think that non exclusive rate of 33% is correct. Nobody force them to be non exclusive authors. As non excl. authors they can sell items everywhere, and excl. authors only here.
At first I was against the increasing prices on VH, but few dollars per item will not change anything. Videohive will still be the best and the cheapest marketplace. My clients never care how much project costs if they like them, and they know that they can buy hard work which need more than one week to create for less than $30.
Few $ is really nothing.
Sometimes they buy projects from other marketplaces for about $80-100, items in same quality on videohive costs $25 or less.
If something generally should be changed on envato I think it’s affiliate program. For example: 20% or less from deposit (or even less), but from every deposit from buyers, not only from 1st.

1256 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

I’ve just spent/deposited hundreds in my account last night, going through some of my 2000+ bookmarked files and buying many this weekend… I predict a VH price increase very soon, so I’m buying this weekend. Thanks to all for your hard work, authors.

Fellow buyers, I’d advise doing the same, going through bookmarks and buying the ‘must have’ projects you’ve been putting off getting, to beat a possible price increase. They increased rates a lot at themeforest, then audiojungle, and I’d be shocked if no price increase here, sometime in the near future (envato any comment Scott Mark or Carmen?)

Time to increase prices a lot, Envato, at least for all the good projects that deserve it. Price increase imminent I predict… It’s probably taking awhile since a ton of work for the Envato staff to go through files and figure out what to increase, and implement in the database… it’s coming, I can tell. :)

Besides projects like my favorite one here, New York, that’s worth at least $50 imho: http://videohive.net/item/my-new-york/242422?sso?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=DaniMult
848 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Russian Federation
JohnRosso says

Well said, graphic4444! I agree with you ;)

176 posts After Effects Video Templates
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+5 more
DaniMult says

Thank you for your trust and fantastic support, Ken :) On topic: little increase of the prices will be a right step, I think…

12 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
Vintervarg says

Looking the projects that have been loaded lately, I think actually the prices of the templates are in descent, mainly in the logos, but I also agree that an increase of $2 to $5 is a relatively small amount and would not affect the sales.

I totally agree. The prices for VH stock footage are the lowest in the market right now (5-7 times lower than the minimum price on other stock footage agencies), so an increase of at least $2 should not be a big deal for buyers. As a stock footage producer myself, I personally try to provide VH with the highest quality exclusive clips possible, but I do not submit videos with models often enough just because one would not sell a video clip with $20/hour models for $5 on exclusive basis. Such video sessions will never pay off. Just my 2 cents.

173 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
NOVAPLUS says

I think that to increase prices of our products, we sell less. Currently in other pages sold less than before .. Here is sold even more. It will be for the low price.

2033 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+2 more
Creattive says

I think that to increase prices of our products, we sell less. Currently in other pages sold less than before .. Here is sold even more. It will be for the low price.

yes but even when you increase prices for 2-3 dollar videohive is cheaper than the other pages. so where shall buyers go?

173 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
NOVAPLUS says

good idea, then I don’t think buyers do not move to another anywhere.

Christian_Fletcher
Christian_Fletcher Recent Posts Threads Started
36 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Christian_Fletcher says

Well, they might just not buy anymore what they wanted and try to replace with something elsem cheaper or nothing… I think this price increase will just follow any market path (despite are videos here, buyers behaviors are the same when they face a price increase. Anyway, we`ll see that soon !:D, but I think the sales volume will drop but the earnings will compensate !

5019 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

I think the sales volume will drop but the earnings will compensate !

That would be a step towards optimal!

I think the thing is that if you build your reputation on being cheap, then there’s always the danger that someone will come along and be able to undercut you. Offering good value is much more important. Many of the most successful companies in the world are not at the cheap end of their markets.

At VH over the last few years rising quality and falling prices has gotten everything out of kilter. I’d say quality items are suffering a) because at their current prices, even with massive volume they don’t stand a chance to pay for the time-input and b) because prices that have gotten so low with respect to quality, are possibly actually damaging the perception of quality. Surely you know the feeling when something’s outrageously cheap… you immediately assume there must be something wrong with it.

by
by
by
by
by
by