404 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
GhosTeam says

Quality goes up every day and will keep going up! New AE is soon, crazy Element 3D, amazing projects come in every day! Prices must go up.

Otherwise, the situation will become:

1257 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

felt’s right.. I’d raise prices on the best ones, from 20-25 to 35-50. I’d also get rid of the zero-sales ones, or put them in a bargain bin or other separate area, if nobody bought after a year or two, to reduce clutter

and there should be an ‘elite’ projects category 50-70 per template for the very best, which are highlighted here, to motivate/reward the designers who really work hard on the best ones here.. because with all the new authors, it’s demotivating the elite/top guys from doing the kinds of projects you used to, since it only lasts on front page a day or two at most, compared to 3 days years ago.. VH needs to figure out how to get premium pricing for top-quality projects here, separate from all the ‘noise’ of the dozens of new regular ones being posted

1550 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

I’d also get rid of the zero-sales ones, or put them in a bargain bin or other separate area, if nobody bought after a year or two, to reduce clutter

It does not make sence and there is no clutter. I just checked and there are 121 AE projects with zero sales totally. I did not checked dates but believe that most of them are pretty new. So why so small porting of zero-sales files shall bother us? :-)

For motion graphics catogory there are little bit more than 10 pages of items with Zero sales (300+ items). Also not so many. Most files with zero sales here are stock footage files but as for stock footage, it’s very different world and saling model. Stock footage rare sale right after upload. Usually it takes time and sometimes very surprising when item not sold at all first 6-12 month and starting to sell after it.

Best Regards, Andrey

188 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
WebRa says

Looking the projects that have been loaded lately, I think actually the prices of the templates are in descent, mainly in the logos, but I also agree that an increase of $2 to $5 is a relatively small amount and would not affect the sales.
I totally agree. The prices for VH stock footage are the lowest in the market right now (5-7 times lower than the minimum price on other stock footage agencies), so an increase of at least $2 should not be a big deal for buyers. As a stock footage producer myself, I personally try to provide VH with the highest quality exclusive clips possible, but I do not submit videos with models often enough just because one would not sell a video clip with $20/hour models for $5 on exclusive basis. Such video sessions will never pay off. Just my 2 cents.

+1

491 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+3 more
steve314 says

Videohive’s reviewing process seems to be very strict in the last months, and so most projects are of real high quality. Imho, a price increase must reflect this change.

232 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bulgaria
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
AlexZlatev says

i`ll quote wikipedia about main micro economy principle -

“If demand increases and supply remains unchanged, a shortage occurs, leading to a higher equilibrium price.”

3900 posts After Effects Templates
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+4 more
miseld says

Raising the price it will also raise other things such is Historical Rates Schedule, The Elite Author Level, Buyers will choose wisely what they can get for their money etc… Personaly I am against that, if you think that is the right thing at this moment why other marketplaces (I don’t want to mention them) have failed with their model of high pricing?

5031 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

have failed with their model of high pricing?

Other markets don’t have high pricing…. just higher than Videohive. Suppose another market comes along and undercuts VH. I think there even are some springing up.

Videohive doesn’t have to have high pricing, but what needs to stop is this disconnect where a fairly mediocre project costs $20, and a project that exceeds it in almost every respect -in terms of design, execution, input effort, finish, visual talent / technical ability required, software required, computing power required and time to complete…. gets $25. To get $30 it has to be absolutely off the scale special. We are looking at severely diminishing returns and increased risk the further you push the quality envelope.

If prices could adequately reflect this world of difference, then Videohive would be offering buyers a bit more of something very important: CHOICE!

2046 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+2 more
Creattive says

Raising the price it will also raise other things such is Historical Rates Schedule, The Elite Author Level, Buyers will choose wisely what they can get for their money etc… Personaly I am against that, if you think that is the right thing at this moment why other marketplaces (I don’t want to mention them) have failed with their model of high pricing?

where is this behaviour at audiojungle, I ask you? If 1-3$ price increase do such a damage to sales, we would have known by many many threads. Other “high pricing” sites are off the scale to videohive, as their prices are twice – to ten times as large as here.

Videohive has get its huge membercount by having by far the lowest price in the industry by it’s time. This won’t stop when you increase prices by 10%

698 posts
  • Hungary
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
aron66 says

Also the new comer buyers wont notice the increased price, because they will think thats normal.

by
by
by
by
by
by