60 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
draftbeer80 says

Hi, I’m planning to submit my first PSD template soon. I’m just wondering if it is allowed to include PayPal, Visa and Mastercard logos in my template? It’s supposed to be a business website template. If it’s not allowed to be included in the package, can I at least have them on previews? Thanks!

2022 posts Review Manager
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

No, don’t use logos in commercially distributed and resold items such as templates, etc. Not even in the item previews. I would recommend creating some placeholder logos that get the idea across for potential buyers.

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Just make some kind of generic looking ones quickly that look similar – PayPol – Mattercard – Wisa

Job done :)

+12 more
jremick Envato team says
Just make some kind of generic looking ones quickly that look similar – PayPol – Mattercard – Wisa Job done :)

haha, those cracked me up.

195 posts Aivah
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
AivahThemes says

When the logos are not allowed Jarel then how come the scripts category is having logs of similar things check it out as i don’t want to point anyone but i can find many and send u the link if needed. I think all reviewers of themeforest should maintain the same rules though using a different category. Coz some may accept it without any hesitation and some may rejects simple things saying its not allowed or so!

+12 more
jremick Envato team says

I agree and am checking this out with Jeffrey. Either Jeffrey will chime in on the thread or I’ll report back as soon as I hear back from him.

250 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
simnor says

I’d say there shouldn’t be a problem using them because paypal provide badges for you to put on your website similar to the themeforest assets.

2529 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Hey guys. This is a tough one, and is, in my opinion, different than using something like the Apple or Microsoft logos. They’re a bit more general. I’m going to do some research on this; but for the time being, I’ll allow it.

60 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
draftbeer80 says

It is quite a tough one isn’t it? hahah. Well, I had the same opinion as Simnor, but I was unsure, I don’t want to risk submitting an item and then get rejected because of this. Additionally, if adding visa, mastercard logos on our templates is a no-no, then would that also mean we can’t include facebook or twitter logos on our templates as well? Anyway, thank you so much for your replies guys! I really appreciate it. I hope they come up with a more concrete reply. eheh

by
by
by
by
by
by