19 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in South Africa
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
Kyrelimit says

Aloha ya’ll !

Im super tempted to take up the offer from one of these hosting providers as part of the Envato special but I am not sure which would best suit my usage.

I am a photographer / designer based in South Africa so I need something strong and secure. I also build websites for my clients as a bit of spare cash, so being able to add on domains is important to me too.

Thoughts + Recommendations ?

I primarily use Wordpress and currently have about 6 domains that I am overseeing.

1847 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+13 more
SamBerson says

Well, I’ve not used either of them before, but InMotion looks pretty solid :D

356 posts
  • Helped improve Envato sites by detecting a bug
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
Gewora says

We are using 2Hosting since about 6 months and have problems over problems. Nothing works as it should, if you have more than a “basic” site. Many many downtimes, about 200 events (different types of errors) within 24 hours.

The staff seems to not know how to fix problems.

247 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
BetaMotion says

We are using 2Hosting since about 6 months and have problems over problems. Nothing works as it should, if you have more than a “basic” site. Many many downtimes, about 200 events (different types of errors) within 24 hours. The staff seems to not know how to fix problems.

+1111111

19 posts
Kyrelimit says

That makes me somewhat scared. Also considering Im in South Africa ( GMT +2 ), I have to email all support questions which means it support response and quality is VERY important.

1 post
  • Located in United States
a2hosting-andy says

We are using 2Hosting since about 6 months and have problems over problems. Nothing works as it should, if you have more than a “basic” site. Many many downtimes, about 200 events (different types of errors) within 24 hours. The staff seems to not know how to fix problems.

Hi Gewora, I’ve looked at your ticket and the issues are related to mod_security flagging your scripts – mod_security, which most every host uses. We’ve made exceptions to our rules for your domain and are continuing to work on the issues in your ticket – in fact, our techs are awaiting an answer from you on the latest changes they have made to help alleviate your situation.

That makes me somewhat scared. Also considering Im in South Africa ( GMT +2 ), I have to email all support questions which means it support response and quality is VERY important.

Hi Kyrelimit, We have live support available 24/7 via both telephone and live chat, and tickets submitted to our ticket system are monitored and responded to 24/7 as well. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thanks, Andy Melichar A2 Hosting

209 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+5 more
EasyDevelopment says

Been using a2hosting for almost 2 years, and I almost never had problems, and yeah, their chat / live support is pretty weak, but everything else is awesome.

Edit : Just noticed, why did someone flagged the response from a2hosting ?

356 posts
  • Helped improve Envato sites by detecting a bug
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+3 more
Gewora says

Hi Gewora, I’ve looked at your ticket and the issues are related to mod_security flagging your scripts – mod_security, which most every host uses. We’ve made exceptions to our rules for your domain and are continuing to work on the issues in your ticket – in fact, our techs are awaiting an answer from you on the latest changes they have made to help alleviate your situation.

Hi Kyrelimit, We have live support available 24/7 via both telephone and live chat, and tickets submitted to our ticket system are monitored and responded to 24/7 as well. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thanks, Andy Melichar A2 Hosting

You guys are funny. We just got informed by CloudFLare that the problems still continue. Please don’t try to make it look like that the problems are caused by our script. We have normal PHP script’s running without any special stuff, even WordPress produces the problem frequently.

For everyone: http://cl.ly/image/391Q0q430C0T

This is a graphic from the last week which states the events (errors) which occur on the site. 196 within a couple of hours is insane.

We had problems with you since the beginning, huge upstream issues on your side, and the problems continue and continue.

5 posts
impe83 says

Im really like this hosting deal too! my bluehost was expiring just in a few weeks!

I did some search too about both companies and there are always pros and cons, but for now im more toward Inmotion!

19 posts
Kyrelimit says

And it seems I missed the deal. Feck. :(

by
by
by
by
by