22 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+2 more
Mechaco says

I am getting pretty aggravated. I created a simple project trying to be a bit of a minimalist, and it got rejected. I am fine with the rejection but seriously do they think that people want everything on fire and particles everywhere? Maybe somebody just wants a quick and painless presentation. I know it was simple but still it didn’t look bad :-/ Last time I submitted, I submitted the audio with my logo sting (MY audio) and the reviewer told me that he highly doubted that I created it????? Seriously?

That is why I think they have a personal vendetta against me.

745 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
GrizzleFX says

I’ve had thr same problem submitting “minimalist” projects, and I never understood why. It seems to me that you have to be a “popular” author to get a minimalist project approved…

Link a video of you project so we can see!

5094 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Minimalism is easy to do, and extremely difficult to do well. I suspect that the standards are a little higher for minimalist projects. The little stuff that there is in there needs to be spot on.

Post the project in Item Discussion if you want some feedback.

22 posts
+2 more
Mechaco says

I am uploading it right now to youtube,

Yeah I am getting the same impression, “popular authors” seem to be able to do anything. I am glad I am not the only one, I mean, I hate griping but in the same since when you spend minimum of 10 hours on a project just to be told, to go scrap it, sucks

22 posts
+2 more
Mechaco says

Minimalism is easy to do, and extremely difficult to do well. I suspect that the standards are a little higher for minimalist projects. The little stuff that there is in there needs to be spot on. Post the project in Item Discussion if you want some feedback.

I understand, Felt Tips, I will post it shortly, if anybody can tell me how to fix for approval without rebuilding the entire thing would be great.

5094 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

I am uploading it right now to youtube, Yeah I am getting the same impression, “popular authors” seem to be able to do anything. I am glad I am not the only one, I mean, I hate griping but in the same since when you spend minimum of 10 hours on a project just to be told, to go scrap it, sucks

Don’t take this the wrong way, Mechaco, ‘cos I don’t know you, I don’t know your work and I don’t know how long you’ve been designing and so on. But doesn’t it occur to you that maybe the popular authors are not being favoured by the reviewing staff, but they have an eye to see a level of design quality that you’re overlooking? A lot of the popular authors round these parts have a lot more design experience than you might imagine. Some of them decades.

Rather than moaning about favouritism, it would probably be more positive to look at what these authors are doing that not only gets their files accepted, but also brings them in loads of sales.

If it’s any consolation, most of the veterans here have had a file or two rejected at one time or another….

2351 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

post a video link here, I would really like to see it.

p.s. minimal requires maximal effort.

22 posts
+2 more
Mechaco says

Felt, I was not “Moaning about Favoritism”, I was simply saying that when you work on a project and then gets rejected it sucks. I am not griping about the veterans who are designers by nature. I was simply venting about the there being no simple projects on Videohive because they keep raising the bar. Now we both know that I could add explosions and particles and optical flares and all that, but that doesn’t mean that the consumer is going to want it anymore, Maybe they just want a simplistic presentation.

22 posts
+2 more
Mechaco says

Here is the link, Now I know it is a not a mind blowing Awesome video, but rather just simple, but like Efekt said ” minimal requires maximal effort”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBxSRxtKgik&feature=youtu.be

also the video on youtibe is 960×540 and is about 13 mb so the quality is not there as much as it should be ;)

129 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
Bogz says

imho Mechaco if i were a reviewer, i wouldn’t approve it either. You say minimal, i say flat. Your texts are way too big and without typographic “character”. In general there is a lack of detail. Anyhow, i believe if you’ll put some more effort in it, it will get approved. Btw there many more songs in audiojungle. The song by itself won’t make your item a best seller.

Im not an elite of anything like that, but i feel design a bit. Cheers.

by
by
by
by
by
by