377 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
SamyBeats says

Hey people!Where can find inspiration??Sometimes I read books and look movies,but now it doesn’t help :( or may be it tiredness idk

2190 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

go outside :)

23 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Netherlands
ScubbaMusic says

I find inspiration and maybe even more, motivation by a few things;

1: nature – purely the beauty, brute force, static or dynamic events of it can bring so much inspiration. Even picking up a fallen leaf from a tree and see how the pattern on the leaf evolves can bring wonderful inspiration

2: family, friend and humans in general :D – people inspirate and motivate in so many ways. Even if they try to demotivate you, it can give you just the boost you somethimes need. Also friends and family and going outside can clear your head and give you the solution for a writers block, a new idea or just reminding you why you do it and how damn beautiful it can be that we have a gift to create things :)

3: walking – the rhythmic pace of walking clears (at least for me) my mind, adds structure to your thoughts, keeps you in the present (you need to keep a bit an eye out for your environment) and brings therefore good balance between your right and left brain side

Those are my 3 main things that keep me inspired and motivated. On the other hand I see my composing as a craft. I was lucky to have a masterclass during my study on the conservatory by a student from Shostakovich (whom I admire greatly) and he told me a very valuable lesson: just work….work at least 6 hours per day on your music. If you don’t have any ideas, go train some skills like orchestrating, reading orchestral scores, orchestrate funny and weird songs or just write garbage, since that stuff also needs to go out.

I hope this helps a bit :)

124 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
marcoarib says

Normally, when i drink a lot, awesome ideas appears in my mind. Unfortunately, always i’m very drunk and i can’t take notes of these. When i’m sober again, the ideas gone away and i drink a lot again to try remember.

I guess i’m stuck in a infinite spiral. :depressed:

3699 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Hey people!Where can find inspiration??Sometimes I read books and look movies,but now it doesn’t help :( or may be it tiredness idk

I get tired and a bit depressed in winter, what with the small amount of daylight. Best way to keep going is to try to stay busy and do things you enjoy as much as possible. And have a 20 minute nap if you’re tired, and you wake up a bit refreshed. :D

3 posts
elobobek says

I always get inspirated by mi kids.. an avarage things that they do..

286 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Deep_Blue says

Sometimes I get weird inspirations from my dreams! where I get some awsome ideas in the first phase of sleeping! (but that does not happen frequently) I do not know how this happens maybe the mind gets free from all constraints at that stage.

1420 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
LumenMedia says

Just go outside and have a nice trip.

60 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
donrobertsmusic says

I get the bulk of my inspiration by listening to music. Just spend some time listening to different music on audiojungle. Theres lots of good material here for inspiration.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
innofive says

There is a kind of people who cannot normally work without having physical activity sometimes. Try to do some exercises, or go to gym :) I was very passive before figured this out. Now I’m full of energy (not only psysical :sunglasses: )

by
by
by
by
by
by