• Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
mitdralla says

ooops. Billion dollar mistake?

It’s hard to tell isn’t it? There are three types of actions that will come out of this.

People who will delete their account in the masses. People who are not sure and will keep it in the masses. Or people that don’t care in the masses.

Personal opinion: I do not think this will be a huge mistake for their them – as now a days we are used to these types of things. There are so many people out there who just wont care.

303 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
BittLoader says

With Instaport You can download all your pictures compressed into a .zip file. Then you just have to deactivate your account.
It won’t help. Even if you deactivate your account, all your info and photos are still saved on their servers and they will remain there until they decide what to do with them.
3673 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

But then what if you took a picture of a friend and published it on instagram, and it gets sold? Who is liable for damages claimed by said friend? You, for uploading the photo, I suppose? I guess that pretty much bins any model right agreements? Ouch.

412 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
mitdralla says

With Instaport You can download all your pictures compressed into a .zip file. Then you just have to deactivate your account.
It won’t help. Even if you deactivate your account, all your info and photos are still saved on their servers and they will remain there until they decide what to do with them.

Let’s think about this. When users initially signed up to Instagram, they “agreed” to the terms that were before them. Now they are different. Is it because of the clause “all terms are subject to change” which gives them unlimited freedom to retroactively maintain ownership of everything.

Without that, would they not be able to retroactively go back before the date of the new rule?

412 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
mitdralla says

But then what if you took a picture of a friend and published it on instagram, and it gets sold? Who is liable for damages claimed by said friend? You, for uploading the photo, I suppose? I guess that pretty much bins any model right agreements? Ouch.

My thoughts exactly :/

19 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
error201 says

Exactly, you agreed to their terms. You create a photo. And give it to them. Its always been like that not just with photos, but content, info, etc..on any other site. Almost like no one seent this coming?

303 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Europe
BittLoader says

I must complete this… “all terms are subject to change”

On most of the websites it says something like “all terms are subject to change without any notification to the user”. So even if you read all the terms now and agree, you aren’t safe, because in 5 mins there can be other terms and you already agreed with that. By signing the agreement for the first time, you agree also with the future changes of the terms.

19 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
error201 says

Also, really…what are they going to do with all these bad hipsters who think their ‘photographers’ pictures? You think they are just going to list all pics for sale? Find popular pics and sift through all the bad jazz? Also who is the market to purchase these pics? They are only good to a certain resolution..good on mobile..what? Backgrounds for your phone for $1? Gl.

412 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
mitdralla says

Also, really…what are they going to do with all these bad hipsters who think their ‘photographers’ pictures? You think they are just going to list all pics for sale? Find popular pics and sift through all the bad jazz? Also who is the market to purchase these pics? They are only good to a certain resolution..good on mobile..what? Backgrounds for your phone for $1? Gl.

I think it is more of a way for them to have more power and be of more value.

211 posts
  • Canada
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
KBRmedia says

Oh, Money…

by
by
by