95 posts Live. Love. ASAP
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+6 more
liviu_cerchez says

+1 – not a good move with these “experiments”... the latest updates from Envato aren’t that good, sorry :(

... Why should authors welcome a link to a 3rd party site, to 3rd party individuals who will make income off our work?
And will get free access/copy of our themes..

Yeah, never thought about this before… as suggested previously by @fuelthemes a direct link to a personal Envato Studio service (option available in the Account Settings) would be great.

424 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
gljivec says

+1 this is really unprofessional. Also I don’t feel very comfortable knowing that someone will get a Theme just like that.

507 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

Agree here. It’s unprofessional and a borderline unethical turn towards authors. You’re just adding another “middle-man” to make things confusing. And who will the buyer contact when this install service isn’t up to par?... the author!

And what about the guy/gal performing the installation?

507 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

Oh – and locking a thread to disable commenting/discussion?? That’s immensely unprofessional.

399 posts
  • Located in Madagascar
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
metrothemes says

... Why should authors welcome a link to a 3rd party site, to 3rd party individuals who will make income off our work?
And will get free access/copy of our themes..

+1

1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+7 more
purethemes says

Guys, keep clicking ’ REQUEST STAFF REPLY’ on first post, maybe someone from Envato will come to clear this up.

40 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Contributed a blog post
natman Envato team says

Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback on the feature — I’ll make sure to pass it along to the product team.

The locked thread was my idea and while I agree it seems a little counterintuitive to lock a forum thread from the outset (given forums are a place for discussion), our traditional comms approach of an open thread for every release just wasn’t sustainable.

With this new approach, we’re hoping to strike a good balance between letting you know about all the changes while still giving our devs and product guys the time they need to focus on what they do best — developing new product.

That said, I’ve taken your comments on board and I’ll continue to think about alternative solutions (e.g., public change log, news dashboard for buyers and authors, etc.) — if you have any ideas, please fire away! And for the record, we’re always happy for you to create a thread or a support ticket if you have feedback you’d like to share with us.

Thanks,

Natalia

1797 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Developing new product? What? What’s new in that button that redirects the buyers to Envato Studio? Did you ever hear anyone needing such a feature around here? Of course not. Just because it’s your product it doesn’t give you the right to push it in front of all the buyers while submining our work and decreasing the value in it.

Authors, please, don’t stop writing your feedback about it, it’s about time we make something for a change. This is just unacceptable, sales are going down and down and instead of giving us any feedback on that or trying to let us know what has changed in the process, so we can adjust, we get this useless stuff that we never wanted or were interested in.

Please, promote your products yourself, stop using our work for promoting your envato studio. Previously I was reffering my customers that needed customization to Envato Studio, but from today I’ll let them know NOT TO USE Envato Studio and look anywhere else.

29 posts
  • Located in Romania
george-olaru says

I’m not sure – but that (self) promotion is not advertised as something that comes at a package with the theme. Buyers are aware about what they’re buying in the first place and, mostly, have an idea how to use and install that theme. For the ones that don’t – that button might be very useful.

That’s why I’m not worried that this thing will change the sales amount or clients perceptions in any ways.

132 posts A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+6 more
CrayThemes says

Lots or authors here is paying for support team members and this kind of payed supports ( for instance theme install/setup) is helping with authors bills. How about to add for example button “Payed support” form the author next to envato studio button. This way lots of inconvenient (between author and buyer) bargaining emails will be saved. I know that envato studio button is in favor of buyers but if you ask them what they prefer: good support( payed for some stuff and free for other) from the theme author or lack of support and payed theme install (and for everything else because is form 3rd party ). You probable know the answer. This is just my opinion

by
by
by
by
by
by